You can apply to the job with this email address: [email protected]
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Sr Perception System Engineer analyzes system components and drives cross-functional collaboration and analysis to ensure our autonomous solutions are developed and implemented inline with requirements, across the full development life-cycle. The Sr Perception System Engineer operates as a technical leader who: decomposes vehicle requirements into detailed functional and performance requirements, partners with cross-functional teams to define a wide variety of additional system requirements, ensures implementation aligns with architecture, and operates as a bridge between cross-functional teams to ensure collaboration and discussion occur prior to decisions being made. In addition, the Sr Perception System Engineer acts as a resource and mentor to less experienced engineering staff and may lead a small team of less experienced System Engineers.
- Gathers systems information, standards, complex algorithms and modules, etc. and integrates all into documents which define the Perception system as a whole.
- Drives discussion and collaboration with cross-functional teams to conduct trade-off analysis and support decisions being made related to performance, safety, modularity, redundancy, quality of the perception and autonomy system.
- Defines the detailed functional and performance requirements through decomposition of the high-level vehicle requirements.
- Articulates module level system requirements and defines associated test plans. Partners with cross-functional teams to define sensor, computing, network, and redundancy requirements.
- Steers and influences diverse teams of engineers to define the Perception and system architecture for advanced autonomous solutions.
- Partners with cross-functional teams on the technical execution of Perception and system architecture development activities across the full development life cycle, including requirements generation, system and software design, implementation, integration and test, etc.
- Performs code reviews to ensure implementation aligns with architecture.
- Applies advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts to work on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Contributes to the development of new principles and theories.
- Fosters cross-functional team work and promotes collaboration, coordination and consistent communication among stakeholders. Builds trusted relationships with partner teams, both internal and external, to ensure alignment with priorities.
- Maintains strong emotional intelligence throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progressive startup environments.
- Actively mentors and develops less experienced Systems Engineers, providing regular feedback and technical leadership. May oversee a System Engineer team with various levels of experience and expertise. Sets priorities, allocates resources, and ensures the execution of product plans for subordinate staff.
Experience & Skills Required:
- 6 years of experience in system engineering and/or systems architecture, including experience within the Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS), Autonomous Driving (AD), or Robotics industries
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Robotics, or related field. (Preferred: Master’s Degree in similar field)
- Competent in core robotics and autonomy concept, and specifically perception.
- Experience with design and development of distributed autonomous systems or robotic systems.
- Proven ability to develop requirements and Interface Control Documents (ICD)
- Ability to develop, conduct, and lead Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Design Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Parameter Diagrams (P-Diagram), and Boundary Diagram Development.
- Working knowledge of SO/IEC 15288 or IEEE 1220 or ANSI/EIA 632 or ARP4754A.
- Demonstrated ability to develop Operational Concept (OpsCon) documents.
- Working knowledge and ability to utilize Jama, or similar requirement management tools.
- Understanding of ISO 21448 or ISO26262 or DO-178B/C, ARP4761 etc.
- Ability to code in C++ and/or Python
- Strong understanding of and ability to utilize the Robot Operating System (ROS) and Linux.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,