The Westwing mission is: To inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900,000 customers in 11 European countries. In only 8 years on the market, we have grown to more than 254 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Senior PHP Developer (m/f) to join our tech department.
In this position, you will work developing the Westwing warehouse management system. The application is currently used in 6 of our warehouses spread across 5 countries (Germany, France, Poland, Spain and Italy). It manages all the processes in the warehouse, starting from the inbound of the items, going through the whole lifecycle of an inventory item, packaging it and delivering it to the customer as well as the tracking of the shipments and the returns.
Furthermore you will optimize our platform for scalability during peak traffic hours. Adhering to agile SW-development methodologies you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them to team members.
Core technologies used in the application:
PHP 7, MySQL, Docker, RabbitMQ, RESTful APIs, Memcached, AWS, git, Jenkins/GitLab CI
Our team of 20 people is located in both Warsaw and in Munich. The team consists of Software Engineers, Quality Assurance and Project Managers and is managed by an Engineering Manager.
- Developing robust backend logic of a warehouse management system
- Developing communication with other internal systems using APIs and message queues
- Keeping the performance of a high traffic system
- Profiling and debugging challenging cases using industry-leading tools (e.g. NewRelic, Blackfire)
- Maintaining and extending AWS infrastructure, CI pipelines, Docker containers, tools used for logging/monitoring
- Excellent knowledge of PHP (any framework) and databases (MySQL)
- Good knowledge of other backend technologies such as Memcached/Redis, Docker etc.
- Nice to have: knowledge of AWS, RabbitMQ
- Experience in unit & functional testing
- Experience in designing and implementing communication between systems (API / messaging queues)
- Ability to work in an English-speaking team
- 8 000 - 15 000 zł employment contract / B2B
- Working in international environment with experienced software engineers and architects
- Being a part of an autonomous team responsible for choosing tools and technologies
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development: internal hackatons, knowledge-sharing sessions, team events
- Yearly conference budget
- Financing all top industry certifications
- Private health care, gym membership