We are an online publisher - and a hugely successful one at that! On a daily basis, we reach millions of users with our content, projects and games, such as apost.com and the Nametests Instant Game on Facebook. We are a creative team where our mission is to “make people smile”; we are committed to entertaining people and want to empower them to get the most from their valuable time on our content platforms and games and to inspire their world.
We use the latest technology in order to be highly adaptive in the modern digital world. Combined with our agile spirit and great teamwork, this allows us to achieve:
- More than 150 million monthly active players
- More than 120 million fans on Facebook
- Content translated into more than 40 different languages
The Social Sweethearts are looking for passionate and dynamic colleagues who would like to join us in continuing to create a more colorful online world.
The position of Senior PHP Developer (m/f/d) will have the following responsibilities:
- You will work on our core product: The Nametests Instant Game on Facebook, with more than 100 million active users.
- The core responsibility is to conceptualise and implement new features for our in-house services, such as our CMS and custom-built analytics tool, with our editorial teams being your "audience" and the users of your product.
- You will join a team of technical experts, and share the responsibility to also work on the public product, and ensure a no-downtime, performant and stable quality game for millions of users globally.
- In your team, the highest goal is quality software, with a strong focus on maintainability, efficiency, performance and solid software architecture.
- Expert-level understanding of performant database design and querying with either PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Strong experience writing unit tests, TDD is a plus
- Expert-level understanding of quality software architecture and design principles like SRP, OCP, LSP, ISP, DIP (e.g. SOLID)
- Strong experience building, using and maintaining deployment pipelines and CI/CD, with an appreciation of DevOps principles
- Follower of OOP principles
Nice to have
- Experience with Python
- Experience in the development of Facebook applications (Graph API)
- Experience in microservices infrastructure and Docker containerisation
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, ElasticSearch or Cassandra
- Big Data project experience involving Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics or AI
- Friendly, collegiate atmosphere with colleagues who compliment one another with their skills
- We speak English in the office
- Relaxation area with Ping-Pong, Table Football & PS4 (our favourite is FIFA20..!)
- Quarterly events within the individual team, to be decided on democratically
- Emphasis on a healthy work-life balance, with positive and supportive management
- Home Office options, especially during Corona times
- Kitchen stocked with fresh fruit, drinks and snacks, as many as you like
- The latest hardware provided; whether it's Mac, Windows or Linux
- Ever expanding company library with the newest books for learning
- Easily accessible offices close to downtown Munich
- Buddy, our friendly office dog!