At Pivotal, our mission is to provide the software and expertise to enable customers to build a new class of digital applications as they transform their business.
We have a unique opportunity to help our customers transform using Pivotal Labs and Pivotal Cloud Foundry and we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud native applications to drive customer engagement.
If you have expertise changing the software development lifecycle and want to be part of the next wave of cloud native applications we would like to talk.
We are looking for a customer focused, hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in Denver.
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Work with sales team to develop and implement account penetration strategies and drive the adoption of Pivotal solutions within strategic accounts.
- Influence the adoption of the most fundamental change in the software development lifecycle in our industry
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Use knowledge of competitive solutions to help the sales and field engineering teams propose the most optimal solution for the customer
- Present and market the design and value of proposed Pivotal solution and business case to customers and prospects.
- Builds relationships with the account team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives
- Configure and document Pivotal software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives. Participate in RFx and POCs. Complete required documentation.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of Pivotal products
- Travel within your assigned territory is required.
- Experience developing and deploying ASP.NET applications (MVC or classic)
- Must have experience with unit testing and integration testing ASP.NET applications
- Preferred experience building and deploying .NET applications with a CI/CD pipeline.
- Must be fluent in C#
- Must have experience working with ASP.NET applications at scale (web farms, clustering, out-of-proc session state configuration)
- Must have experience building data-driven ASP.NET web applications (MS SQL or NoSQL)
- Must have experience debugging and maintaining complex codebases
- Preferred experience administering Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Must be fluent in Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Must know how to develop, secure, and troubleshoot Web Services using WCF
- Preferred experience with ASP.NET Web API, especially with regard to scaling and securing RESTful services
- Preferred experience within the .NET open source community
- Understanding of ASP.NET Core and .NET Core for deploying cross-platform
- Preferred experience with using Azure Services to deploy custom ASP.NET web apps.
- Understanding Automating Windows Server VM provisioning
- Other additional software development, including languages, systems and frameworks such as Spring/Java, Ruby/Rails, Go, messaging (RabbitMQ/AMQP, JMS), RDBMS, Redis and Hadoop is a huge plus
- Understanding of cloud application design principles (such as those found at http://12factor.net)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment technologies such as Octopus, Team Foundation Services, Visual Studio online, Github/Gitlab
- Understanding of agile software delivery principles
- Pays attention to software development/architecture trends and new best practices
- Has a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive customer interest in Pivotal technologies
- Understanding of PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Azure Service Fabric, Apprenda
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture' and offer solutions to make it better
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required
- Willingness to travel up to 50% within the United States and Canada
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience