We are seeking a Senior Process Engineer with an emphasis in supporting the Fermentation Lab Operations team by employing mathematical and scientific concepts, equipment support management, and inductive reasoning. The successful candidate will have strong understanding of bench scale fermentation equipment, scheduling and performing preventative maintenance, and bench scale process control systems. Experience in fast paced, high demand fermentation lab is highly desired. This position requires regular interactions with fermentation associate scientists, fermentation process development scientists, fermentation engineers, department managers, and facilities teams – excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Provide engineering support, maintenance and troubleshooting services for Fermentation Lab Operations team to ensure continuous operational readiness
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance
- Respond to technical support requests from Fermentation Lab Operations team and Fermentation PD teams
- Produce reports, SOPs, and documentation as needed
- Solve advanced hardware and software issues
- Conduct root cause analysis on equipment related lab errors and drive corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare project plans, time and resource estimates for implementing equipment upgrades and capacity expansion including development of CAPEX budgets
- Assist in maintaining consumables
- Display personal responsibility for individual as well as coworker safety and maintain safety as a the highest priority by supporting and reinforcing procedures and policies
- Weekend work as required
- Overtime work as required
Skills and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, life sciences, chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemical engineering or related field and 8 yrs of work experience, or Master’s Degree and 5 years of work experience in a Research Operations setting
- Demonstrate expertise on bench scale fermentation systems
- Knowledge of project management tools is desired
- Strong communication skills including presenting results and research, preparing technical reports and writing SOPs
- Capability to manage multiple independent processes
- Attention to detail and careful record keeping skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in area of expertise, team player and collaborator both within and across functional boundaries
- Tenacity in pursuing objectives to completion correctly and on time
- Embrace Amyris Core Values
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at [email protected]
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.