Booking.com, part of Booking Holdings listed in NASDAQ, is a market leader in online hotel reservations in Europe. Since 1996 our Finance Team has expanded to more than 700 financial professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam, the company's global headquarters. We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength and is what drives us towards outstanding performance.
You are driven by innovation and change, detail oriented and service minded, as you can see the bigger picture from the business side when facilitating a sourcing and procurement process. Can you balance your priorities and get things done? Do you like interacting with people and dealing positively with constant change? Then this role is for you!
The Procurement team endeavors to reduce the overall spend, minimizing administrative efforts, increase supplier performance and ensure integrity and compliance. Engagement with Business Partners is essential for success. Our scope is Global Indirect Spend in the following categories: HR, Professional Services, Travel, Marketing, Payments, Facilities and Real Estate.
The Procurement Team is looking for a Senior Procurement Manager HR and Professional Services.
Your application will be considered when you have an extensive and global background for most of the following categories:
- Human Resources: Recruitment, HR Operations, Learning, Compensation & Benefits, Mobility.
- Professional Services: Consultants & contractors, Architects, Temps, Finance, Risk and Fraud, Audit, Tax, Insurances.
- You combine creative thinking and factual analysis to develop appropriate strategies in close collaboration with senior business partners on C and C-1 level.
- You source projects through effective control over the product or service specification, tendering, negotiation and contracting process. Sourcing projects comprise setting up project and category governance, internal & external analysis, commercial, risk and legal strategies of sourcing, contract drafting & sign off.
- You actively monitor supplier continuity risks and performance, contract expiration and changes and advise on contract management strategies.
- Monitor and ensure contract and supplier performance is effective with correct application of the agreed services and conditions, maintaining a positive and effective relationship between Booking.com and the supplier
- Work independently on targets and objectives and establish appropriate recovery actions when performance is unlikely to meet targets
- Manage issues when the business escalates problems with existing suppliers for commercial or legal resolution.
- Expert global market knowledge for the required categories
- Preferred industry experience: Private sector and Non-manufacturing, Tech, Apparel
- Change management and innovation DNA
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Dynamic, agile, results oriented and diverse
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Proven project management capability
- Solution oriented and result driven
- Proactive, flexible, capable of working independently and be a great team member
- Familiarity with leading edge procurement tools, techniques and systems
- Familiar with country specific law, data privacy, IT security, legislation and contracting standards
- Fluent in English, Dutch language preferred
- Systems: SAP, Microsoft Office (Excel advanced level)
- MSc degree in Business Economics or equivalent