Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Credit team works cross-functionally with Data Science, Product, Engineering, Capital Markets to responsibly manage the risk profile of the business. We are looking for a unique individual to bridge the product and credit worlds and work with the Risk Product/Engineering team to improve our fraud and underwriting solutions.
This role requires a lot of cross-functional partnership. This individual will be the representative of the Analytics org, leading the charge on refining our Identity Verification and Fraud processes as well as our application flow. Additionally, this role will work closely with the ML Platform and Data Science teams to improve our underwriting solution.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Proactively explore data and identify opportunities to help accelerate product development or improve existing products
- Address ambiguous problems and formulate hypotheses into actionable and well-designed experiments
- Own end-to-end product analytics workflow, including defining success and performance metrics, socializing them across the organization, and creating actionable dashboards and reports
- Partner with the Risk Product and Engineering teams, build a rapport and be a trusted advisor to team members
- Partner with Data Science on building new underwriting solutions
- Assist in new product formation and new market exploration
- Bridge the gap between the Product and Credit organization by playing this cross-functional role
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. #LI-KM1
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.