We’re looking for talented, experienced, and passionate product designers to join our small design team in Toronto. Crafting intuitive, effective interfaces for a new generation of investors.
We're on a mission to bring smarter financial services to everybody, regardless of age or net worth. We're growing fast. In under 5 years, we've gone from $0 under management to over $4 billion. We have significant funding from strategic investors that will allow us to continue building an amazing product that's competitive on a global level. In fact, we just launched in the US market earlier this year! Wealthsimple is backed by a team of world-class financial experts and Silicon Valley's best technology talent. We've raised over $100M in capital from Power Financial Corp., one of the world's highest rated financial institutions who manage over $780B in global assets. Our talented team of talented software engineers, designers, and data scientists have previously worked at such companies as Amazon, Google, and Apple. We feel strongly about our brand (check out our latest TV spot
or our magazine
) and have won a Webby
for best financial services website. We try to reflect our unique voice in everything we build.
In this role, you will:
- Primarily focus on our core product experiences, but you may also be called upon to work on marketing projects or prototype new product ideas
- Work closely with our Product and Research teams to solve complex and engaging problems
- Balance business goals with optimal user experience
- Work closely with our development team to implement & refine your designs
- Champion consistent experiences across platforms and contribute to our design system
- Help build our product design practice; enabling us to do our best work, the best way
We’re looking for people who:
- Love to turn complex problems into elegant solutions
- Advocate for users out of a deep empathy for them
- Champion all elements of the user experience
- Have a strong understanding of the product design process (including research, user flows, wireframing, prototyping, and testing)
- Are able to articulate the thinking & strategy behind their work
- Are confident leading design sprints and managing stakeholders
- Sweat the details to create systems that work well together
- Have a strong grip on design fundamentals as well as deep expertise in 1/2 areas
- Have worked on a consumer-facing app or product
- Can execute on beautiful visual design as well as strategic UX thinking
- Take initiative, bring ideas to the table and own projects
- Prefer to work closely with other disciplines and value the opinion of team members across the company
- Value open communication and working on a small and transparent team
- 5+ years in a similar role*
- Strong skills & working knowledge of the tools of the trade (Sketch, Abstract, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to ship polished and well-thought-out experiences (portfolio)
- Experience working in fast paced, experimental or start-up environments
- Have worked with design systems at scale across multiple platforms
*We've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But the experiences you’ve had and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took, are what matter most.
Wealthsimple is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture, one which reflects the world in which we live. We encourage applications from candidates of colour, women, queer candidates, indigenous peoples, candidates with family caregiving responsibilities, immigrant candidates, transgender candidates and candidates with disabilities.
At Wealthsimple, we are dedicated to creating a culture with a diversity of talented individuals who join, stay, and work in an environment that enables them to thrive.