Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of more than 650, powering operations in 16 countries (and counting!).
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised $884 million, with a valuation of $5.7 billion. Our mission is simple: empowering people to buy tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact
Be part of a great and growing adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
The Product Design & Research team at Back Market are passionate about informing and building interfaces with the user as our focus.
We are responsible for the user experience on Back Market, whether that be our customers or sellers, and through designing, prototyping, testing, and iterating, we evolve it in collaboration with different (and extraordinary) people.
About the job:
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer (UX leaning) to join us to make Back Market the most successful destination for buying refurbished.
You’ll collaborate with our Product Managers and UX Researchers to bring a plethora of concepts and product evolution, you’ll work on a daily basis with developers to validate the technical feasibility of your proposals and to ensure the fulfillment of your craft, and you’ll also be connected with other Back Markets functions (Marketing, Brand, Operations etc.) to help articulate the needs and expectations of users and the business.
As a Senior minded designer, you’ll autonomously own the design vision for key areas of our seller’s (B2B) and aftersales journeys and manage the relationships with product squads, business stakeholders, and other designers to deliver impactful results.
You’re at the stage of your career where mentoring and coaching other designers comes naturally to you, and you are considering your growth path either deepening your role as an individual contributor or taking the reins at line management.
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): 🥇
- Being an equal partner with product managers and engineers to build, maintain, and evolve Back Market, with a focus on the Seller and Aftersales experiences.
- Contribute to the roadmapping and advocating for the right approach, prioritisation, and execution to ensure a best in class customer experience.
- Collaborating with user researchers to bring clarity to ambiguous problems with relevant user insights, and consulting quantitative and qualitative data to inform your design decisions.
- Advocating for and facilitating design methods and tools to help your team deliver solutions that actually work for our customers and business.
- Ensuring clarity and comprehension in your or your team’s proposed ideas and solutions from conception to delivery through useful documentation and tidy working practices.
- Proactively advocating your impact and autonomously communicating progress, learnings, and goals to the company and beyond
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF: ⭐
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- You are completely fluent in English
- You have extensive experience working in a growing design & research team and can talk about how you have worked with stakeholders to deliver impact in dynamic environments. B2B design experience is an advantage.
- You demonstrate in-depth knowledge in design methods and craft. You have a collection of examples where you’d contributed successful impact.
- You have your ear to the ground regarding new tools and technologies that help our work become more effective and efficient.
- You have a passion to help our team grow. You can contribute inclusive design practices, are comfortable in voicing your opinion, and love mentoring and coaching others.
- You are obsessive about UX or UI design, you have an attention to detail regarding edge cases, hierarchy, and contrast.
- You deliver designs with a systematic approach.
- You think about interfaces not as static pixels but as dynamic experiences and can express yourself with motion, flows and stories.
- You are inherently curious, you are idealistic but you challenge the status quo responsibility and can always find the middle ground.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS: 📅
- Phone interview with Lucie, our Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Interview with Melissa Galland, Design and Research Manager
- Live Design Challenge
- Interview with 2 Internal stakeholder
- BackMarket Values interview with Amandine Durr, CPO and another leader from the company
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.