We are looking for an experienced designer to help us develop best-in-class promotional tools for Creators and their teams — how do we let artists stand out amidst the noise? How do we let them grow and reach new audiences? How do we let them connect with their fans? Together, we’ll come up with exciting and effective ways to help them succeed. You’ll help us craft a strategy rooted firmly in user insights that paints an exciting vision of the future, and deliver on that vision through effective planning, interaction design, visuals and prototypes.
We're looking for designers to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you’re best suited to.
What you’ll do
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and problems.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of related experience designing at tech companies or digital agencies. Experience with promotional strategy, tools and platforms as well as multi-sided online marketplaces is a plus.
- You have solid design chops. You’ve shipped products, and understand what it takes to create valuable, people-oriented experiences.
- You’re constantly sketching concepts, tweaking flows or refining designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You’re an effective communicator and facilitator. You have planned sprints and structured workshops to drive outcomes quickly and effectively. You’re familiar with best practices but are just as comfortable challenging them.
- You also have the ability to deliver high quality work, and care about the impact.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to refine your designs through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research, or designing options for A/B tests.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.