What’s so interesting about this role?
We are looking for a well rounded Senior Product Designer who has a passion for conceiving of and executing simple and impactful interfaces for the queer community. Grindr is a huge, uniquely important app, and you’ll be part of a small team that shapes the direction and future of a product used by over 15 million people a month. This is an opportunity to directly affect the lives of millions of people through your aesthetic, interaction, and product choices.
What’s the Job?
- Design valuable, cohesive, and delightful user experiences for Grindr.
- Collaborate with design team members
- Partner closely with engineering and product owners to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from team members, stakeholders, and users.
- Always be an advocate for our users.
- Stay up-to-date with mobile app design trends, best practices, patterns, new capabilities, etc., and use this knowledge to push the product forward.
What We’ll Love About You
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in product design, UI design and/or UX design in a fast-paced environment.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation.
- Experience designing for both Android and iOS. Responsive web experience a plus.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Proto.io (or other prototyping tool) a must
- Experience working on a live app
- Highly collaborative. Able to build trust & strong relationships at all levels, influence without formal authority and push back when appropriate.
- Confident in your own skill but respectful of the contributions of others.
- Curious about user behavior and have empathy for diverse perspectives.
- Dedicated to simplicity and visual harmony.
- Experimental by nature, excited and knowledgeable about A/B testing and user research.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Process oriented, but flexible.
- Knowledgeable of industry and platform-specific patterns.
We’ll Really Swoon if You have
- Front end web development skills
- Experience designing for social media or dating apps
- Experience with animation and/or motion design
- Experience conducting exploratory user research and usability testing
- Experience with quantitative data gathering and surveys
What You'll Love About Us
- High-growth company - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k Match
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
Today, Grindr proudly represents a modern LGBTQ+ lifestyle that expands into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we continue to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At Grindr, we create a safe space where you can discover, navigate, and get zero feet away from the queer world around you.
As of June 2020, Grindr has new owners with a track record of multiple successful Bay Area start-ups. The new leadership is demonstrating a renewed commitment to creating an experience for users that is safe, fun, and productive, as well as a positive & uplifting company culture in which everyone can be their best selves. At the heart of Grindr’s mission in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including transparency, accountability, experimentation (failing fast), and strong allegiance to the LGBTQ+ community.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.