Who are we?
fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL games, all major soccer leagues, and a wide range of college and other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, and entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, and Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku and Chromecast.
About the role:
fuboTV is in search of a Sr. Product Designer with a track record of designing and shipping successful mobile experiences. You’ll be working closely with the mobile product and engineering teams in providing solutions that effectively balance both business and user needs.
Senior designers at fuboTV are expected to translate complex problems into useful and delightful experiences for our customers, and help guide the product development process from start to finish.
We value designers who think critically and communicate clearly, have a strong point of view but are open to the viewpoints of others. Ones that are passionate and curious enough to learn why things work the way they do and how they all connect, as well as have an insatiable hunger to continuously develop new skills and grow.
- Identify and define design problems to be researched for insights
- Map the user journey and feature flows to establish context
- Build prototypes and conduct usability tests to validate assumptions
- Communicate the rationale behind your proposed solutions to stakeholders
- Continually push the bar in quality and excellence with each iteration
- 50% Design flows, wires and prototypes from low to high-fidelity while continually pushing the bar in quality and excellence with each iteration
- 20% Translate high-level product strategy, user needs and business requirements into functional product features
- 20% Build prototypes and conduct usability tests to validate assumptions
- 10% Communicate the rationale behind your proposed solutions to stakeholders
- At least 6 years of designing mobile experiences in a consumer-focused tech company
- An excellent communicator who can clearly articulate design decisions
- Ability to identify the essence of user pain points and design problems, and can translate them into practical design solutions
- Strong understanding of modern Android and iOS interaction trends, patterns and constraints
- No ego when it comes to sharing your work or receiving feedback; you recognize that the most important goal is to quickly understand and solve around what’s best for our customers and the company
- Proficient in fundamental visual and interaction design principles
- A portfolio that demonstrates a meticulous and thoughtful approach to your work with an obsessive attention to detail
- Experience working across various device platforms (Web, Mobile, OTT)
- Ability to write code (HTML/CSS/JS, Android Studio, Xcode)
- Experience writing testing plans and conducting user interviews/usability tests
- Experience with UX writing and microcopy
- Skills in related disciplines such as motion graphics, illustration or photography
Perks & Benefits:
- Highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Robust benefit package including stock options; health, dental and vision coverage sponsored up to 100%; 401k; life Insurance; and commuter benefits
- Free fuboTV account for live sports and TV on all your devices
- Discounted gym memberships
- Company-wide and team based events
- Centrally located headquarters in Midtown Manhattan.
- Casual work environment