At Eventbrite, our mission is to empower people through live experiences. Whether through attending your favourite concert or hosting a conference, events can be transformative. They can also be pretty complicated. As a product for anyone in the world, it shouldn’t be. Eventbrite is looking for a Product Designer to work on the discovery experience of an attendee.
Design is a core part of our DNA at Eventbrite. We have a centralized design team that works in partnership with product managers and engineers to make a positive impact on our users’ lives and businesses. To that end, designers are embedded in product teams in order to get to know our users better, collaborate effectively, and focus diligently on our products. The team cares deeply about design as a craft and values constructive feedback as an opportunity for improvement.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to guide the vision for how attendees search and find amazing events that they are thrilled to attend, and help them make better informed decisions through the creators and event trust signals. As an advocate for high quality design, they’ll partner with designers across Eventbrite, engineers within their team, and product managers to create intuitive solutions for our users.
Our Product Designers thrive when working with small teams that move fast and iteratively. They validate solutions through user research and testing, delivering features that provide user value in an agile environment. They work with our broader design team, which spans several offices, and own specific product areas which require ownership and self management.
- Own design for an entire product areaDeliver complete end-to-end solutions to help drive product vision
- Be self-driven, identify problems, and be able to offer solutions to these problems, both inside and outside of your domain
- Work align side with researchers and data analysts to understand our user needs and behaviours
- Conduct evaluative user research
- Demonstrate excellence in UI/UX, prototyping, and visual design.
- Turn abstract concepts into reality
- Share processes with other designers to help elevate design's reputation in the organization
- Use industry and company knowledge to guide and educate other designers
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- You have roughly 5 years design experience in a design environment, in-house, start-up, agency or other relevant industry
- You use a user-centered approach to designing software and services for people
- You are a self-sufficient hands-on designer on projects and initiatives in their product area.
- You are able to motivate peers to redefine products or initiatives.
- You can deliver quality holistic experiences, can approach opportunities objectively and stay aligned to business strategy
- You can support your intuition through decisions based on data.
- Use research to identify opportunities across the product
- You demonstrate solid understanding of UI/UX, prototyping, and visual design
- You use research, data, evidence, and cross functional collaboration to move forward in the design process.
- You conduct evaluative user testing (online or in person) on your own, can form hypotheses based on available inputs and present findings efficiently, and use findings to evaluate if designs resolve user problems.
- You have excellent communication skills, including prior experience communicating to product managers
- Deep understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- You frequently attend events
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.