At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We are looking for a Sr. Product Designer to partner with product management and development in defining new ways to use data to make students and schools more successful.
Our Product team focuses on hiring talented UX craftspeople who have a passion for combining seamless interaction with beautiful visual design. Your work needs to be easy to navigate and comprehend, logically organized, accessible, and in-tune with the latest web technologies. Your focus will be delivering the highest standard of usability and simplicity to the software’s end users: educators and students. In other words, we want to delight our users with an exceptional experience.
Our Seattle office is located in the Pacific Building, 720 3rd Avenue.
What you will be doing:
- Finding ways to solve complex interaction and visual design problems
- Playing an influential role in the visual design of new products and features
- Producing high-quality designs in a quick, iterative fashion
- Engaging in user research activities with our customers
- Building rapid prototypes for user testing
- Working with Product and Engineering to ensure the highest quality designs and functionality
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- Self-motivated with a passion for design
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- A good understanding of design process as it relates to web applications
- The ability to iterate rapidly
- 5+ years of UX and UI design experience
- Photoshop, and Illustrator or Sketch skills
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Rapid prototyping experience (such as InVision) desired
- Experience with data visualization a plus
- User research experience desired
- You will need to include a digital portfolio of your best work demonstrating rock-solid experience in information architecture and interaction design.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Transportation allowance
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- Latest software and tools with top of the line equipment
- Food, lots of food.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.