Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us!
Sonatype is seeking an experienced Senior Product Designer to help build the future of Sonatype’s products Product designers at Sonatype develop deep expertise in the product they specialize in designing for. You’ll own your work and solutions as you collaborate, research, design, and test in an agile environment. The solutions you contribute will be thoughtful, easy to use, inclusive, appropriately scaled, and display a high level of craft.
Product designers at Sonatype work on agile teams where product managers, engineering, and design work together on equal footing. These agile teams plan and execute activities to meet quarterly product objectives, and design takes part in sprint activities and ceremonies.
Who You Are
- An experienced contributor passionate about the customer journey, capable of leading design projects of significant scope and complexity
- A strong advocate for design and omnipresent voice of the customer
- Responsive, flexible, and thrive in collaborative work environments.
What You'll Do
- Find creative ways to learn from customers and users continuously; Research and synthesize user needs to help conceive, define, test, and evolve solutions that deliver value to our users across various mediums and experiences.
- Create a wide range of experience design deliverables, including wireframes, prototypes, design systems, journey maps, and high-fidelity mocks.
- Engage with management in design planning and goal creation
- Think strategically about customer experience strategy and contribute to strategic discovery in addition to solution discovery
- Work collaboratively and optimally in a remote work environment with your team and peers in product leadership to drive success in your focus area
- Deliver compelling design documents, and drive buy-in and execution.
- Serve as a mentor for other designers and positively contribute to the team’s growth.
What You Bring
- Passion for UX, well-crafted products, and cross-team collaboration
- 5+ years of experience in product design
- Deep experience in several core areas of product design, such as information architecture, UI design, user research, design thinking, and interaction design.
- Ability to clearly communicate innovation and design concepts using the methods & tools that best illustrate them
- Strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional delivery teams
- Experience facilitating workshops, brainstorms, user testing, and user feedback activities
- Confidence contributing to all stages of product design
- A passion for mentoring junior designers as they onboard and grow
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.