Wonderschool is harnessing the power of technology to provide comprehensive support to child care providers operating out of their homes as well as in the government and non-profit sectors. Our products enable child care providers to create high-quality environments and meet the demands of their business, while also helping parents in need of childcare solutions through the creation of an accessible marketplace.
Wonderschool is seeking a Senior Product Designer passionate about contributing to our mission and purpose by creating delightful and intuitive experiences for our customers. You will spend time getting to know our customers and working closely with product managers, engineers, and others to deliver solutions that meet the needs of parents searching for care and providers seeking simplicity in running their child care programs. You will initially be focused on Wonderschool’s mobile app experiences, crafting designs that will create seamless experiences across the product suite.
- Lead the design of our mobile app experiences across Android and iOS, working closely with your engineering partners working in React Native.
- Become the customer’s greatest advocate: conduct research and user interviews to understand needs and current pain points
- Own end-to-end design by leveraging your design thinking, product, interaction, and visual design skills to create experiences that empower customers
- Drive the design process from discovery to implementation, knowing what approach to take based on the problem space
- Lead customer feedback sessions to validate designs and iterate based on that feedback
- Partner with product managers, engineers, and other designers to create a product from the initial definition to shipping and ensure a consistent experience across the product
- In office time is required for team meetings as needed with a minimum of 5 days per month
- Deep experience operating in a hands on product design role for web and mobile applications with a specific focus on fully fledged consumer facing mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Well versed in leading customer research and customer feedback sessions
- Functions with a high level of autonomy with the ability to see long-term strategic needs and opportunities
- Able to design for multiple projects at a time, managing time, goals, and cross-functional collaboration effectively
- Ability to articulate your design criteria and decisions with verbal and visual communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge of various technology stacks for the purpose of engineering communication and collaboration.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, small team environment
- Previous experience working with a distributed team
What We Offer:
Wonderschool provides the wage ranges it reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for all remote roles and as otherwise required by applicable law. The expected range of starting pay for this role is $165,000 - $180,000 annually. Actual compensation may vary within the listed range based on a wide array of factors including, but not limited to, skill set, experience, and specific geographic location.
Additionally, Wonderschool offers a competitive benefits package, including the following:
- Health benefits offer up to 100% coverage for employee premiums and up to 80% for dependents
- Wifi, Employee Wellness, and co-working space reimbursements offered to all employees
- A flexible PTO plan, paid holidays, and mental wellness days
- Highly competitive parental leave policies, eligible to qualified individuals after 6-months of employment
- An autonomous workplace that prioritizes health and wellness to ensure our employees can produce their best work while achieving their personal and professional goals
- A fully remote, but highly collaborative work environment with a variety of team bonding opportunities
Wonderschool is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.