Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
In one of our #beautiful offices
Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
As a permanent remote worker at Xero we want to ensure you are getting the same #beautiful employee experience as our in-office Xero’s. Permanent remote Xero’s will benefit from a virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of your at home work setup. Xero will also fund up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant region Xero office. You are part of our #team and we want to see you thrive!
About the team:
Senior Product Designers at Xero are responsible for designing beautiful, enabling and meaningful experiences that solve genuine customer problems. As a seasoned designer you’ll work closely with Product and Engineering on med-large scale projects within a product area of a portfolio.
About the Role:
As the Product Designer on the Design Systems Advocacy team, you'll be working with a multidisciplinary group to shape how Xero builds software at an international scale. As part of this role you will bring human-centered design thinking to understand internal user needs, and create tooling and experiences that evolve our design system, and pioneer how Xero's work in the future. As Xero grows, so do our design processes.
What you'll do:
- Promote the value of design and collaborative practice across spheres of influence and participation
- Conduct desk research including domain and competitor analysis, interaction/design trends and 'best of' examples
- Analyse relevant considerations such as research insights (when not directly involved), product strategy and roadmaps, technical environment and constraints
- Contribute to the definition and articulation of ‘the problem’ – challenging assumptions and 'pre-set' thinking around solutions, agreeing the purpose, principles and vision
- Create frameworks (read wireframes low/high-fi, visual frameworks, content/data models etc) which articulate the components, journeys and elements required to solve 'the problem'
- Explore ideal future concepts and identify new interaction solutions and patterns that meet customer needs in a better way
- Develop phased design solutions that bridge the gap between a future state and current patterns, XUI design system and other relevant constraints and considerations
- Create prototypes which tangibly demonstrate a proposed concept or solution
- Participate in generative user research to understand customer underlying goals, needs, behaviours and pain points (where necessary)
- Participate in the synthesis of research data, drawing out and articulation of insights
- Conduct user testing in conjunction with the Design Research team
What you'll Bring:
- Experience working on large design projects
- Experience building and iterating on a product or experiences based on usage patterns, user feedback and an evolving strategic landscape
- A portfolio that demonstrates high-quality design outcomes, contributing to user experience and business value
- Experience across the entire design process, with mastery in executing elegant interfaces
- Track record of innovating and delivering high quality design experiences
- Track record of solving customers' problems through design thinking and execution
- Excellent communication skills
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.