Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do. Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a Senior Product Development Engineer to join our team. This role will be responsible for working cross-functionally with Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Sourcing teams to globally scale and optimize processes to produce high quality, safe products. The role will report to our US Product Development Manager.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Technical development in projects focusing on product improvement, process improvement, and product maintenance to help OATLY improve and launch more innovative food and beverage
- Lead in the identification, design, development, qualification, and commissioning of process systems in support of new product development and current product expansion
- Document projects all the way from brief, to launch, and follow-up according to Oatly’s process, operating systems, and procedures
- Provide and analyze data and documentation for manufacturing and quality control
- Improve or develop functional specifications and manufacturing Instructions for new processes
- Help to identify opportunities to drive revenue growth, improve productivity, and create intellectual property with a sustainability mindset that enhances our competitive advantage
- Comfortable traveling around 50% of the time
Here are the things we think you need:
- BS with 5+ years of relevant work experience or MS with 3+ years of relevant work experience, in Chemical Engineering or Food Science with a focus in Food Engineering
- Experience in food process technology and knowledge of food science, food processing, and product development process, with an understanding of food/process/package interactions
- Experience in dairy and/or dairy alternative product processing
- Project management skills and documentation discipline
- Ability to troubleshoot and execute root cause analysis with corrective actions
- Ability to listen to others needs, identify technical solutions, refine those solutions, and manage internal and external partners expectations against technical and business success criteria with limited available resources
- Demonstrate resourcefulness, creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Naturally curious with a constant pursuit to create improvements, in a rapid, cost effective way
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworkers
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible vacation for starters, really great benefits with 100% medical coverage, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.