Aeva is building the next generation of sensing and perception for autonomous vehicles and beyond. With its unique ability to measure instantaneous velocity for each pixel, and long-range performance at high resolutions, while being free from LiDAR or sunlight interference, Aeva’s 4D LiDAR is built from the ground up at silicon photonics scale for mass-market applications.
Lead and own both bare die and chip-on carrier assemblies based on III/V edge-emitting lasers and optical amplifiers.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for driving performance and yield improvement experiments through external foundries
- Work with cross-functional teams, both external and internal, to drive improvement plans, assist in FA activities, and contribute to design reviews
- Drive scalability and manufacturability projects so that the products can scale with increasing volume
- Drive resolution of product manufacturing issues (Epi, wafer process, and coating) at external foundries
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience with edge-emitting laser or VCSEL product engineering
- Comfortable with analyzing large datasets using JMP/R/Python
- Demonstrated experience with characterization and testing of edge-emitting lasers
- Can-do attitude with a zeal to solve complex problems in a cross-functional product development environment
- Experience with working in a fast-paced, agile environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience with one of the MOCVD/III-V wafer process/ III-V backend process
- Prior Experience with solving laser-quality issues in a QRE/Applications Engineering role
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team
- Very competitive compensation and meaningful equity!
- Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and more!
- Unlimited PTO: Take all the time you need.
- Paid lunches, ping pong tournaments, and fun team off-sites!