Verve is building a global platform that enables advocates to sell the products they love to their friends. We are a collaborative product team working across three exciting business lines (Verve Events, Verve Travel, Pollen Marketplace), and as such you can expect the work to be varied, complex, and never boring! You’ll be working in an inclusive team that values collaboration and learning in a company growing rapidly and taking on new challenges.
In the next twelve months you will:
- Initially focus on improvement the traveller experience for our Verve Travel business line. Through brands like JusCollege, CampusVacations and others, we are able to offer unique travel experiences to student groups in the US and Canada. Your mission will be to increase traveller conversion and increase their overall satisfaction.
- As part of the traveller experience, you will further develop the in-destination mobile app for several destinations. Additionally, you will ideate tech solutions to support the key in-destination processes, to smooth logistics out for travellers.
- Later in your journey as a SPM - Buyer Experience, you will leverage the insights you've gained from traveller experience and expand your scope to the broader buyer experience at Verve.
- Drive the strategy for your tech team, which includes a tech lead, backend and front end engineers and a UX designer. You will own the planning, prioritisation and decision-making necessary to make significant impact on business goals.
- As such, you will become highly familiar with the key drivers of business goals, how we measure these drivers, and will make any necessary changes within the product to improve our visibility of key metrics. You will collaborate with the BI team to create dashboards that enable you and the business to track the performance of your product releases.
- Own your team's product roadmap. While you will receive guidance from leadership team on business vision and strategy, you will be empowered to define your roadmap, based on what you know about your customers, competitors, available technology and direction of the business. Your roadmap should have a combination of innovation, optimisation and maintenance items.
- Following the above, dedicate 20% of your time to talk to customers, research competitors, read previous user research and to do proper discovery to build the right solutions for customers.
- Set up experiments (A/B tests, multivariate tests) that will help you optimise the key steps in your customer's journey.
- Manage stakeholders successfully. You will collaborate with them to understand their core needs and will with business stakeholders to define projects, produce specifications, write tickets and manage communication, to ensure the business is well informed about your projects.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Operations team to design a go-live plan that ensures a successful rollout of your product improvements.
- While this role is located in London, you will travel to the US to build relationships with key stakeholders based in Las Vegas, Toronto and Los Angeles. During the biggest events, such as Spring Break in Cabo San Lucas, you are expected to spend time in the travel destinations, support and document learnings.
To be considered a Senior Product manager at Verve, the following needs to be true:
- You currently truly own the product area or problem you are responsible for - no one is closer to the users your product impacts or has a better understanding of how you can evolve it to support the company vision.
- Your roadmap blends vision, strategy and analysis to both a) deliver against the immediate needs of our customers and b) progress against the company's mission.
- You show high quality decision making, balancing customer and commercial needs. You are able to consistently deliver a product that effectively meets the users needs as measured by an impactful set of top level KPIs, but you conduct deeper analysis into your product beyond top level KPIs, and use this insight to inform your strategy.
- You consistently take a “holistic product” approach, considering the broader ecosystem of your product and influencing the operations that surround it.
- You are a sought out member of cross-functional teams. You are able to step up and lead without authority and ensure that any initiative you are involved in take a problem led approach and drives rapidly for results.
- You demonstrate a clear and inspiring communication style both within your product team and outwards into the business.
- You are an effective designer and facilitator of presentations and workshops. Your meetings/workshops are regarded as effective and efficient and most importantly you help the group to collaborate and arrive at good decisions.
- You have been working as a product manager for at least 3 years.
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday you want to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.