Here at Berkeley Lights, we think cells are awesome! Cells are capable of manufacturing cures for diseases, fibers for clothing, energy in the form of biofuels, and food proteins for nutrition. So the question is, if nature is capable of manufacturing the products we need in a scalable way, why aren’t we doing more of this? Well, the answer is that with the solutions available today, it is hard. Berkeley Lights is here to change all of that! Our extremely sophisticated proprietary technology and Beacon® and LightningTM systems accelerate the rate researchers can discover and develop cell-based products in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost of conventional, legacy research methods. Using our tools and solutions, scientists can find the best cells, the first time they look.
Our goal is to continue to collaborate with customers to drive the adoption of our technologies, making cell-based products and therapeutics more easily accessible the world over! You will play a major role here in the marketing team, and our success will depend on you! We have been changing how the world develops cell-based products since 2011, and now our family of over 200 employees welcomes you to consider joining us on this incredible journey.
Marketing is responsible for providing vision for Berkeley Lights by researching, predicting and rigorously vetting customer needs. We translate these into the roadmaps and business cases that guide the company’s execution plans and ensure both sustainable growth for BLI and the delivery of technologies that provide a compelling benefit to our chosen markets and customer segments.
We are currently hiring for a talented Senior Product Manager, Cell Therapy Applications. As a Product Manager at Berkeley Lights, you will be responsible for developing the commercial strategy for the Cell Therapy product roadmap and providing the voice of customer to guide the work of the execution teams who build the product. You will develop and execute the launch packages for the products, manage their lifecycle and initiate the development of line extensions. The Product Manager will need exemplary communication and interpersonal perception skills to interface with every function within Berkeley Lights as well as our potential customer base, and a deep interest in applying cutting edge technology to intractable problems in science and medicine.
- Define product requirements using market analysis and voice of customer
- Develop business cases to objectively evaluate the expected contribution of the product line in the context of Berkeley Lights’ overall business
- Work with Program Management to scope the project in terms of requirements, resource needs, and timelines.
- Guide project execution and provide feedback on pivotal questions from the Development Core team using voice of customer
- Ensure that relevant global standards are met for product launches
- Provide product lifecycle planning and communication within the company
- Develop internal and externally focused training and sales materials for product launch, commercialization and implementation
- 5-10 years relevant work experience working with interdisciplinary teams on complex problems in cell biology, preferably as a scientist, project manager, business development associate or product manager
- BS degree in immunology, cell biology or related discipline. MBA or advance scientific degree preferred
- Communication, communication, communication. You will be communicating progress to internal management, including executives in the form of presentations, meetings, and reports. This doesn’t mean that you love meetings, rather you love efficient forms of communication which occasionally includes focused, working meetings. The ability to distil complex concepts into easy to understand materials for internal and external use is critical to success
- Critical Analysis: the ability to find the key question in a muddle of extraneous information and use that to make the best commercial decisions for the company
- Great attention-management skills which allow you to focus on critical-path programs first, while filing away other information for your next project
- Documentation: define, review and efficiently oversee key documentation for products, e.g. requirements, manuals, marketing collateral, etc.
- Revenue driven: your decisions will drive corporate goals for growth and profitability. Every recommendation you make needs to be evaluated by you and others in light of its contribution to sustainable growth.
- Tactical and strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and experienced at experimental design.
- Must be pro-active with strong prioritization, organization and project coordination skills.
- Excel in small, motivated high-performance team with aggressive schedules. We move really fast here.
- Work well across multiple disciplines and personalities. Teams will include mix of engineers, scientists, operations and commercial personnel, and you appreciate the differences in how scientists and engineers tackle problems and can use both approaches to maximize the results.
- Some limited travel may be required for conferences and key customer interactions and you know that sometimes a face-to-face meeting is required. (<30%)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is effective January 1, 2020. Please read our California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure Form
regarding the CCPA and Berkeley Lights’ required disclosures about the collection of personal information.