We’re looking for a highly motivated and experienced Sr. Product Manager to join our team in Stockholm, Sweden. You will help define and execute against an amazing vision that builds upon what Spotify has brought the world so far. The role demands technical understanding, principled thinking, well honed product instincts, tenacity and passion for creating the most delightful music experience. We are specifically seeking candidates with very solid experience mentoring & growing product managers and applying product development best practices to ensure success.
This is a senior position within Spotify’s product organization which includes managing a small team of Product Managers and Associate Product Managers. The role will be responsible for crafting the perfect user experience and managing opportunities from ideation through development, launch and optimization.
What you’ll do
- Drive product development by collaborating with cross-functional teams of world-class engineers, designers, business development managers, marketers, and other product leads.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Define, monitor and analyze metrics for launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a wide range of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all Spotify employees
- Have ownership over end user experiences.
- Work with Comms, Product Marketing and Sales to ensure major releases maximise impact.
- Manage end of product life cycle, whether decisions require reinvestment, transitioning to maintenance or product retirement.
- Manage and mentor a small team of product managers to ensure their growth and success.
Who you are
- Significant product management experience.
- Experience mentoring & growing people.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Economics, Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with technical understanding.
- Experience with agile methodology and data-informed product development.
Exceptional communication and presentation skills; storytelling; ability to speak fluently to business people, partners and engineers.
- Demonstrable experience managing and developing well-loved products – including defining product roadmaps and long-term plans.
- You get stuff done! As demonstrated by working as a product manager in high performing teams that have built, deployed, and iterated-on mass-market applications.
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts.
- You have a burning desire for perfection but take a pragmatic approach to get there.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.