Crunchbase helps the world discover and connect with the companies that matter! Our data platform is the foundation on top of which all these connections can be made - it not only powers the data at the heart of Crunchbase, but also hundreds of external sites and applications around the world. Our mission is to democratize the way innovators connect to opportunities, and over 50 million professionals—including entrepreneurs, investors, market researchers, job seekers and salespeople—trust Crunchbase to guide their decisions.
We're looking for a Senior Product Manager to help lead our go-forward data strategy. The Crunchbase dataset includes hundreds of data points for companies, organizations, people and more. This key individual will be responsible for deciding what data, partnerships and integrations should be added, maintained or removed to ensure our users are getting the most out of our product and solving their most pressing needs.
What You Will Do
- Own and define the product roadmap, strategy and vision for Crunchbase's dataset.
- Get cross-functional teams and executives aligned and passionate about the roadmap and direction
- Expand and enrich the dataset by owning projects that help acquire and integrate data from various sources both internal and external
- Meet with customers and users to understand how they are consuming our data and how the data can be improved to meet their needs
- Work closely with our product managers, sales, marketing and business development teams to think of new and creative data partnerships with other data providers in the space
- Partner with our data management team to monitor and address the health and accuracy of our data
- Act as the dedicated PM for our Data Integrations engineering scrum team and help them execute by defining stories, requirements, and specs
- You have 4+ years of product management experience delivering data-powered products, platforms, or services
- You have experience working cross-functionally to bring multiple data products / partnerships to market, from inception to launch
- You have a good understanding of APIs, data pipelines and ETL architectures
- You bring strong road-mapping, sprint-planning, and project-management skills
- You are excellent at presenting and sharing ideas and collaborating cross-functionally
- You can independently develop and implement recommended approaches to complex / ambiguous problems while making thoughtful trade-offs
- You have strong data and analysis skills, plus knowledge in SQL and modern analytics and visualization platforms (Heap, Periscope, etc.)
What Crunchbase Offers:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous Reimbursement policy for learning and development activities
- Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
- Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Volunteering Paid Time Off
- Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
- Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
- 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
- Monthly commuting stipend
- Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
- Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
- A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status. Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team builds more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.