Who we are?
OYO Hotels & Homes is the world’s third largest and fastest-growing chain of leased and franchised hotels, homes & spaces managing over 1 million exclusive rooms across 800 cities and 80 countries. OYO was founded on the mission that everyone deserves a quality living and working space and we are very passionate about this mission. Technology and Innovation plays a critical role in this mission and therefore today we employ over 1000 World Class engineers, product managers and designers across Americas, Europe, China, India, Japan and rest of Asia. If you are looking for a high pace environment, itching to create a large impact through technology impacting 100s of millions of customers across the globe, we love to hear from you.
- You have shipped multiple products with clear business impact. You have not just been involved in shipping these, you have owned the productfrom ideation to launch
- You are a strategic thinker. At Oyo, we are in the business of disrupting the status quo and for that, we need people, who can think beyond the limits of conventional wisdom!
- You don’t just understand technology, you love technology! You have an eye for what a good technology productand a great user experience looks like!
- You have empathy for users, and you take pride in being the voice of the customer inside the organization. To achieve this goal, you are willing to do whatever it takes: speak directly to the customer, conduct UX studies, or dive deep into your productusage data.
- You are driven by data. You have good quantitative and analytical skills and are comfortable deriving insights from data.
- You have a bias for action: From writing the marketing launch plan to QAing new features, from conducting the competitive landscape analysis to creating mocks for user-testing, you are willing to do whatever it takes to ship the product!
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable driving influence without authority.
- Own the strategy and productroadmap of a key area of business
- Be the voice of the user - Understand user needs and pain points through one on one interactions directly with users or other business stakeholders and through data analytics
- Prioritize - Identify the most impactful problems to solve and be able to estimate the business impact of solving them
- Ideate - Identify the best ways to solve a problem using technology and design and articulate it clearly and in detail through productrequirement documents
- Collaborate - Foster collaboration with business stakeholders, design and engineering teams.
- Drive using data - Define metrics and measurement strategies for the productand team and own the targets for relevant metrics
- At least 4+ years of experience in product
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline. Master’s degree in Engineering, Business or a quantitative discipline preferred
- Experience in managing productmanagers is a bonus for candidates with higher work experience
Cultural Traits common to all OYO Leaders:
- Dealing with Ambuguity and Adaptabiliy – we are a large, but fast-growing company today with not enough existing process or rules of engagements; and environment changes rapidly due to new businesses, geographies and strategic partnerships etc. You need to be able to create orgnisation out of chaos, operate in an environment with minimal strucutre and adapt to change quickly while maintaining high velocity
- Ownership – anything between you and your job is also your job
- Bias for Action – speed matters a lot, so does quality. Ideal leader will be pragmatic, action-oriented and know the right balance between competing priorities
- Hunger to change the world – you need to be ambitious and willing to do more. If you believe you have already achieved your best and primarily looking to impart that vast knowledge, we aren’t the right place for you