We’re all about product that’s all about people.
If that sounds like something you’d be good at, read on.
Are you passionate about building customer experiences that help sellers and buyers around the world connect on a platform which is safe, trustworthy, and compliant to regional laws?
We are looking for a high-impact product manager to work in the area of compliance. As a Product Manager, you’ll own roadmap and execution of products focused on reducing compliance-related risk for Etsy in the quickly changing ecommerce legal landscape. You will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (including our in-house legal team, country managers, market research and our buyer and seller community) to gather requirements, prioritize projects, and execute on the compliance team's roadmap. You will craft member experiences to mitigate friction introduced by compliance and strengthen the trust that members have in the platform. You will also present to executives regularly on our progress against legal requirements and the development of a trustworthy member experience.
About the Team
The Global Product Compliance team’s mission is to ensure that the Etsy marketplace complies with legal and tax requirements for our worldwide community of buyers and sellers. We reduce risk to Etsy and to our members through user-facing compliance work.
This is a full-time position located in Brooklyn, NY or San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
- Work closely with legal, tax, and other internal partners to define and prioritize the highest impact projects and adapt to changing laws and tax regulations across all geographies where Etsy is present.
- Regularly present to company executives on roadmap progress, strategy and prioritization.
- Own and develop Global Product Compliance's product strategy and roadmap. Prioritize work thoughtfully and communicate commitments and updates to partners on an ongoing cadence.
- Drive the squad's execution by collaborating closely with Product Design, Engineering, Research, and Analytics partners.
- Be responsible for the performance (and measurement) of the team’s product experiences, including impact to the business and our customers.
- Work with operational analysts to find opportunities, and craft both back-end and customer-facing solutions to address compliance issues.
- Integrate user research, market analysis, and customer feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy customer needs, as well as wants.
- 3+ years of experience leading product initiatives.
- Passionate about solving real customer problems and advocating for our member needs. You’re opinionated about trying to minimize any negative impact on the customer experience from tax and legal compliance.
- Experienced with using qualitative and quantitative data to make product decisions. You also know when and how to balance data with intuition.
- A natural collaborator who knows how to drive decision-making and has the ability to influence through informal authority.
- Inspiring, engaging and clear communicator. By knowing your audience, you communicate effectively across disciplines including PM, Design, Finance, Engineering, Research, Operations, and Etsy leadership.
- Experienced working with commercial regulations, primarily outside the US.
- You have a strong belief in Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
- Experience working in a two-sided marketplace and/or ecommerce is a plus.
- Strong technical abilities (e.g. programming experience, SQL) a plus.
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, we’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.