We are building the first digital bank for friends. We are building a new bank with a vision to change people’s relationship with money for good.
Kroo was established in autumn of 2016 and is aiming to be the greatest social bank on the planet. We will deliver a highly intuitive social current account, together with a range of other traditional banking products including a micro-enterprise current account, savings, and loans.
We are a multi-disciplined team of experienced technology, banking, customer experience, marketing, and legal professionals who share a passion for the company’s mission and believe in a collaborative approach to creating the greatest social bank. We are building a diverse team of inquisitive people who want to understand customer needs and behaviour so we can develop innovative products that change people’s lives for good.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the lending product roadmap for a cross-functional team of Developers, Product Designers and Analysts
- Working with our leadership team to define and implement the strategy for Kroo lending activities
- Managing the overall risk of the Kroo’s loan portfolio
- Establish and execute Kroo’s underwriting, portfolio management and collections policy
- Be responsible for aligning team deliverables to organisational goals and ensure these are communicated to specialists and non-specialists alike
- With a focus on customer-centric design, you will be applying research, data and judgement to build products customers will love
- Manage, monitor and collaborate with external vendors and partners across a broad range of product functions when required
- Evolve the go-to-market strategy and customer acquisition model
- Manage the creation and communication of customer and product hypotheses from across the business, helping teams prioritise, discover and build accordingly
- Use qualitative and quantitative customer research to drive decision making and produce meaningful metrics
- Articulate complex ideas and strategy across the business, drawing on narrative storytelling, visual thinking and strong presentation skills
- Align business and technical teams through effective workshops
You should apply if:
- You have knowledge and experience in retail lending products
- You’ve got experience shipping consumer products that customers love
- You’re obsessed with metrics and use them to monitor the success of what your delivering
- You enjoy the challenge of managing a diverse group of stakeholders
- You have high standards of quality but know when to be pragmatic
- You’re comfortable managing and influencing the product roadmap for a cross-functional team
Bonus points if:
- You have built and maintained lending products and systems from scratch
- You have experience building and shipping FinTech or Payments products
- You have experience working in startups
We can be flexible with the structure of our interview process if someone's circumstances or timescales require it but our general structure is:
- 45 minute hangout with one of our Product Managers
- Complete a case study remotely in preparation for the next interview (max 4hs)
- 2 hour interview: 1h case study presentation & deep dive with a panel of Product, Design and Eng, 1h with our CEO & Co-Founder
- 1 hour hangout with our COO and Head of Lending
Please let us know if you have any specific requirements or need assistance so we can be as accommodating as possible for you
What we offer you:
- A high degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to learn something new every day
- Room to grow and excel within a fast-growing start-up
- An environment that adopts forward-thinking development practices
- An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change the industry
- An awesome team to be part of – we have warm, friendly and highly talented people!
- An inclusive environment with regular team events and ad-hoc social events to break the routine
- A modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London with a free gym!
A full list of our benefits can be found on our careers page.