Product Manager - Live Video
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to join the video team and shape the future of live video experiences on the internet. As a key member of this fast-growing team, you will have lots of ownership and impact on the next generation of live video products.
We’re looking for a user-obsessed product manager to build the next generation of Live Video features that will help Reddit become one of the premiere destinations for live video content across the industry.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
- Work closely with Live Video Leadership to execute product vision and strategy for Live Video, focused on creating engaging, safe, and highly retaining live streams on the platform
- Work closely with developers, data, and other product managers to understand problems and opportunities, capture new ideas, and manage a robust prioritized backlog of requirements
- Gather, solicit, and synthesize qualitative and quantitative user, community, and moderator feedback
- Participate in quarterly planning sessions to define initiatives, resolve dependencies and perform data-driven prioritization
- Analyze feature/experiment results and communicate learnings to the team and the company.
- Work cross-functionally across product, engineering, data, community, and other areas to successfully push live video initiatives forward
- You have 2+ years of experience as a product manager.
- You have the ability to drive a team towards executional excellence, keeping them engaged and excited about the roadmap
- You are experiment driven and keep a sharp tactical focus on driving value to our users and to the company at large
- You know how to define team goals and success metrics, and ensure that we are tracking towards improvements that align with the Video pillar’s broader business objectives.
- You are a compelling influencer with great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to align a diverse group of stakeholders towards a common goal.
- You are focused, execution-oriented, and a stickler for process.
- You are able to communicate effectively with engineering and data science
- Direct experience working on a video platform
- Fluency in video playback analytics -
- Some technical experience - understanding of system design
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].