As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll help build and grow an incredible experience for our community of teachers and students. You will guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal: shipping high-quality products and features to drive our goals.
From incrementally improving core features to delivering brand new ideas and utilizing innovative technology, you’ll be leading teams through every phase of the product process: brainstorming, research, wireframing, testing, development, deployment, data analyses, and iteration. Your ability to execute by synthesizing broad strokes into clear, actionable, and phased roadmaps and KPIs must be top notch. Your problem-solving ability and endless verve for mapping obstacles and devising creative solutions must be unmatched. Your ability to collaborate, communicate with, and guide others to deliver meaningful outcomes, off the charts.
What you’ll do day to day:
- Produce beautiful and usable interfaces for our teachers and students
- Help establish and reinforce consistent visual design patterns across Skillshare's platforms, including mobile
- Work with product managers and engineers to define and understand the design and product challenges our students and teachers are facing
- Create digital experiences that tell and elevate the Skillshare story and brand
- Combine insights from user feedback and data to guide your design choices
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years experience in a Product Manager role
- Ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions
- Strong strategic mindset, comprehends the big picture.
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Launched multiple successful products and features, preferably on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, desktop, and web)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
Why you want this job:
- Our mission: We are building a learning ecosystem for the new economy and changing millions of lives for the better.
- Our growth: We are looking at triple-digit growth (and then some) in 2018. It’s going to be a very exciting year for Skillshare.
- Our team: We have a passionate, whip-smart team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Your life: We take pride in our flexibility. Need flexible hours to take care of family obligations? No problem. Need to work from your parents’ house over the holidays? Working remotely is part of how we need to work these days. You’re a professional, so just do what you need to do.
Skillshare’s mission is to create an professional development and learning ecosystem that levels the playing field in the new economy. With more than 17,000 classes taught by 5,000+ practicing professionals, we have helped more than 3.5 million students develop the skills and expertise they need to succeed. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia and Omidyar Network.