Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience and technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. We are laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers and driving meaningful value and better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Capsule has raised over $500MM from the best healthcare and technology investors in the world to pursue our mission of building a pharmacy that works for everyone.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes and winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, are energized by accomplishing ambitious goals, and push themselves and their teammates to be better. We work hard to teach and share our successes to help one another be successful. We anticipate our teammates’ needs and communicate early and often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast and right. We have tremendous ambitions and a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we’d love to have you join us.
About the Role:
Capsule’s mission is to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. As Senior Product Manager, you’ll deliver against that mission by owning products that help our healthcare partners take better care of patients. You’ll work directly with partners to understand their needs, never losing sight of the “why” behind the “what”. You’ll partner with sales, engineering, design, and other internal teams to deliver solutions that accomplish partners’ goals while also driving growth for Capsule. In this role, you will:
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative insights to develop a deep intuition for what is important to our physicians partners, their patients, and to our internal teams. Define hypotheses and find creative ways to quickly test them through research or prototypes. Use these insights to drive the product roadmap and help shape the overall product strategy.
- Drive several product initiatives forward in parallel, spanning both client-facing and internal tools. On client-facing products, you’ll ensure smooth launches by actively communicating with our implementation managers and clients. Measure the impact of each change.
- Define what success looks like, and then ensure that we have the data in place to measure our progress. Rally your team around what winning looks like and how we get there.
- You take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team. You think ahead to anticipate the needs of your teammates and you give and get all the facts making it easy for others to make decisions.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better and be successful.
- You work hard and want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins and remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast and right and don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision and accuracy and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You thrive on being pushed and challenged. You communicate effectively both in written form and live / on your feet - you are not fazed by tough questions in the moment.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner and expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility and value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- 4+ years in a product management capacity, preferably in a growth-oriented role on a SAAS product.
- Strong experience leveraging data (both qualitative and quantitative) to inform your decisions and help others inform theirs. You know how to extract insights from data (SQL skills a strong plus) and synthesize user feedback into actions.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with stakeholders to ensure successful product roll-outs.
- Experience with lean prototyping techniques to validate hypotheses as fast as possible.
- Have experience working in a startup environment (or strong desire to do so).
While we have a preference for candidates in or around NYC, this role can be located anywhere in the United States.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, and believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.