Pollen is a global marketplace that enables advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. With offices in LA, Las Vegas, Austin, Toronto, and London, Pollen is one of the UK's fastest growing, best funded, most innovative start-ups. We run a collaborative product team operating across multiple verticals concurrently (including festivals, concerts, parties, sport and travel), as such you can expect the work to be complex, challenging and never dull! As Senior Product Manager, you will take on product ownership of one of Pollen's three core development teams - collaborating with design and engineering leads to test, learn and iterate our product in order to deliver real business impact that scales inline with Pollen's rapid growth.
Within your first 30-60 days you will have:
- Met all of your key stakeholders, absorbed documentation and presentations, and taken all steps necessary to develop a really deep understanding of our company, customers and existing product and roadmaps.
- Developed the product strategy and north star goals for your team (which includes a dedicated tech lead, design lead, and backend and frontend engineers). Your initial focus will include work on our search/browse, personalisation, analytics and travel products.
- Become highly familiar with our business goals, what drives them and how we measure them. You will have identified any changes within the product needed to improve our data capture and visibility of key metrics. You will collaborate with the data team to create dashboards and reporting that enable you and the business to track the performance of your product releases.
- Built your team's product roadmap, KPIs and backlog. While you'll receive guidance from the Product Director and wider leadership team on business vision and strategy, you will be empowered to define your roadmap, based on what you know about your customers, competitors, available technology and direction of the business. Your roadmap should have a combination of innovation, optimisation and maintenance items.
By the end of your first 6 months you will have:
- Spent 20% of your time to talking to customers, researching competitors, reading previous user research and undertaking product discovery to ensure we are building a product that has market-fit with our members.
- Set-up and learnt from one or more experiments or A/B tests that helped you to optimise the key steps in a member's journey.
- Launched new products and features that meet or exceed your pre-defined product goals, and work to delight our members in the process.
- Developed highly effective working relationships with all internal stakeholders (including the Leadership, CRM, Marketing, Sales and Operations teams in both the US and UK). You will collaborate with them to understand their core needs and will define projects, produce specifications, write tickets and manage communication, to ensure the business is well informed about your projects.
To be considered a Senior Product manager at Pollen, the following needs to be true:
- You currently truly own the product area or problem you are responsible for - no one is closer to the users your product impacts or has a better understanding of how you can evolve it to support the company vision.
- Your roadmap blends vision, strategy and analysis to a) deliver against the immediate needs of our customers, b) progress against the company's mission, and, c) in a way that balances the need to learn fast, with the need to scale effectively.
- You show high quality decision making, balancing customer and commercial needs. You are able to consistently deliver a product that effectively meets the users needs as measured by an impactful set of top level KPIs, but you conduct deeper analysis into your product beyond top level KPIs, and use this insight to inform your strategy.
- You will back up your opinions and decisions with data (qual or quant) or have a clear approach to validation when you are basing on your tried and tested product instincts.
- You consistently take a “holistic product” approach, considering the broader ecosystem of your product and influencing the operations that surround it.
- You are a sought out member of cross-functional teams. You are able to step up and lead without authority and ensure that any initiative you are involved in take a problem led approach and drives rapidly for results.
- You demonstrate a clear and inspiring communication style both within your product team and outwards into the business.
- You are an effective designer and facilitator of presentations and workshops. Your meetings/workshops are regarded as effective and efficient and most importantly you help the group to collaborate and arrive at good decisions.
Our purpose is to celebrate life by creating memories for our members and we are passionate about what we do. Our core values are focused on quality over quantity, honesty, leadership, collaboration, helping others to succeed, passion & determination, exceeding expectations, happiness and fun.
While we work extremely hard we also know how to play hard and take advantage of being a travel and experiences company with company retreats to exciting locations. We support our team members with their individual goals and have an experienced leadership team in place to maximise their potential. We are in the process of a major expansion and are looking for talented, dedicated individuals to join our growing team!
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work from, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday you want to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Pollen cares deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.