About Sumo Sheffield
With a rich history of developing multiple AAA franchises such as Little Big Planet and Crackdown, as well as contributing to genre-defining titles like the Forza Motorsport and Hitman series, Sumo Sheffield’s vast development experience spans multiple genres and platforms.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021 and 2022, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 20 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
The team have a track record of working on some of the world's biggest and best games and received two BAFTAs for their work on Sackboy: A Big Adventure. As the scale and exclusivity of projects continues to grow, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Sumo Sheffield family!
The Role @ Sumo Sheffield
We've got an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Product Manager to join our Live Ops team within Sumo Sheffield!
Within this role, you will be responsible for the lifecycle of the live service and business of our game. You will maximise the success of our project via product improvements, multivariate testing, monetization tuning, creating product and feature specifications and careful analysis of both the qualitative and quantitative data of that title.
This role can be fully remote within the UK.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain understanding of business models and live vision.
- Create product and feature specifications.
- Forecast game performance and set KPIs.
- Analyse player behavior to recommend content and prioritize backlog.
- Generate actionable insights and reports on game performance.
- Design and analyse multivariate experiments.
- Optimise game store presence in collaboration with external teams.
- Act as a liaison between external and internal teams.
- Regularly report game performance from beta to project sunset.
To be successful you will need:
- Hands-on experience as a game Product Manager or Economy Designer/Manager on at least 2 published titles.
- Extensive knowledge of current and past trends in LiveOps as it relates to product design.
- Experience working with game economies at scale with one of the following business models: F2P, Subscription, UGC.
- Understanding of best practices in establishing and testing against KPI during all stages of a title’s lifecycle.
- Experience with backlog management in a development situation. Publishing experience is a nice to have.
- Experience using prioritization frameworks (i.e. ICE, Jobs to be Done, etc.) in Backlog Management
- Experience in hybrid insights – taking qualitative and quantitative data together to have a full understanding of how players play.
- Competency with SQL or other relevant query languages.
What we offer:
. Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
. ULEV car scheme
. Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
. Salary Sacrifice Pension
. Flexible Working
. 21 days free-use holiday
+ your birthday off
+ 5 learning days including 1 volunteer day
+ a duvet day
+ Christmas shutdown from Christmas Eve to New Year
+ Bank Holidays
+ extra allowance accrued for longer service
. Free dental insurance
. Life Assurance 4x Salary
. Income Protection of 75% for 5 years
. Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
. Employee Assistance Programme:
. Help at Hand - Remote GP, Mental Health & Physio appointments
. Free financial & home buying support consultations
. Cycle to Work Scheme
. Payroll Giving Scheme
. Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
. Career Development Pathway
. Wrap Parties.
. Project Completion Awards
. Game/Creative Jams
. Big Family Events
. Studio social activities, e.g. running, board games, film, yoga, life drawing…
. Prism – Sumo’s employee diversity focus group
. Free fruit and drinks in our studios
. Employee Referral Bonus
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment. We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Sheffield
Sumo Sheffield is located just outside the city centre in Sumo Digital’s HQ, just off J34 on the M1 and a stone’s throw from the city’s primary shopping and leisure complex. With a multi-building campus comprised of industry-leading facilities, an onsite gym and subsidised canteen, Sumo Sheffield provides everything needed for all teams to create the world’s best games.
Sheffield is the fifth largest city in the UK and is easily accessible by road and rail from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. The city enjoys a wealth of facilities to suit a wide array of interests, including:
o World-class sports facilities
o Iconic theatres and galleries
o Multiple retail and shopping experiences
o Diverse and renowned restaurants and eateries
o The award-winning National Video Game Museum
More about Sumo Digital
Sumo Digital is an award-winning international family of studios. Recent releases from Sumo Digital studios include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.