TransferWise is the clever new way to move money between countries. Co-founded by Skype's first employee and backed by some of planet's the most experienced innovators, including Sir Richard Branson, Andreessen Horowitz and PayPal’s Peter Thiel, TransferWise is disrupting the world of international money transfer. That means flipping a gazillion dollar industry on its head and taking power away from banks and the establishment.
We’re growing at an extraordinary rate and looking for the best to jump on board. We’re now over 600 people strong and pinging millions of pounds across the globe daily.
TransferWise is a 100% boredom-free zone. If you're looking for a stuffy financial company, the back button beckons. If you want to be part of something innovative and truly exciting, read on.
We are looking for a revolutionary Senior Product Manager to join our Know Your Customer (KYC) team in our biggest office in Tallinn where you have a wonderful chance to work together with exceptional people from over 30 different nationalities. Innovation is what we do here so we don't require you to have previous experience in the field of KYC, but a willingness to do things differently.
So, what’s the role?
Your mission is to build world-class products.
It’s a huge challenge, but an exciting one as the field of KYC / Compliance is hungry for innovation! Our customers want to send money securely across borders without any delays and hassle. At the same time we want to prevent money laundering, fraud and terrorist financing from happening and make sure that our regulators and partners are able to trust us. Read more about KYC here.
Choose your own path to success
Don’t expect anyone else to tell you what to do. You are the mini CEO of your team and you’ll be figuring out the vision and goals together as well as how to measure them - setting the KPIs.
Leading by example
Not only will you lead a product team yourself, but we'd love it if you could help other diverse and autonomous product teams. This means understanding their potential and providing insights and data where necessary. As we are a data focused company, it helps to know what makes each of the teams tick to make sure they are focusing on the proper KPIs.
Communication and inspiration
You will be responsible for understanding the why and how of the product so you can communicate the TransferWise story to anyone - from your banker to their nan!
We have many satellite teams and it's important that you communicate product changes so that they stay in the loop.
But we're not looking for just a product manager. We need you to be more than that.
What are we looking for?
- Customer-focus - At TransferWise, customers always come first. You need to be enthusiastic about our customers. We are a company doing great things, but we couldn’t do it without our customers being ready to start a revolution.
- An entrepreneur - Either you have run your own company or delivered high impact projects.
- You need to have ideas. You’re going to change the world, so we want to see what exceptional ideas you’ve had before.
- Someone who loves to get things done - You make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility. We do not hire people just to manage other people. We expect you to deliver results directly.
- A head for numbers - You are data-driven. You need to be able to prioritise the value you can add to customers, and numbers are the best way to do this. You can give examples of how you have moved some metrics before.
- Attention to detail - If you’ve skimmed through without reading this bullet point, I’m sure a bank would love to have you.
Technical know-how - You may have started out your career as an engineer or maybe it's a secret passion. Either way you need to be able to communicate effectively with our product engineers.
- What about previous experience in the field of KYC and compliance you might ask? Not a requirement, innovation often happens if you do something that you haven’t done before!
We offer you a position in one of the hottest startups in Europe and a chance to truly be a part of something great and challenging.
It goes without saying that you’ll be a part of a fun, friendly atmosphere, with plenty of opportunities to grow personally and professionally. You’ll get a competitive salary, flexible work hours and an all-expenses-paid company holiday (check out our Summerdays & Winterdays). We have delicious team lunches together every second Thursday, and host great speakers from around the tech/startup scene to inspire us. Everyone gets shares in the company too, because we believe that the revolution belongs to each of us.