Who We Are:
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1-in-4 elementary students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Zearn Math instructional materials - including 400+ hours of digital math learning - are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school- and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation. Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid.
Learn more about us at https://about.zearn.org/.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who is passionate about solving complex problems and translating solutions into delightful experiences for users. As a senior member of our product team, you will lead projects critical to Zearn’s strategic success.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can turn high level goals into an actionable product roadmap. You can think critically and creatively to generate ideas to solve a problem, collaborate with your team to turn ideas into viable solutions, validate those solutions through customer research, data, and user testing, and successfully bring those solutions to market. You are a leader who ensures your team understands how their work will impact Zearn and our customers.
What This Role Will Do:
- Partner with product leaders, engineers, designers, and educators to define, prioritize, and deliver high quality digital experiences for educators and students
- Lead product discovery efforts for key Zearn initiatives
- Given a problem, generate ideas for creative approaches to meet user needs
- Create low fidelity sketches, wireframes, and interactive prototypes to illustrate new product concepts, gather team and stakeholder input, and validate ideas with users
- Partner with engineering to refine approach and address risks to ensure the product is viable to build
- Partner with design to evolve low fidelity wires into intuitive, accessible brand-aligned product designs
- Anticipate potential go-to-market risks and address those risks throughout the solutioning process
- Continually assess the impact of the product roadmap, leveraging user data and customer feedback channels to identify areas of opportunity to improve the product
- Monitor the competitive landscape of K-12 math products and highlight key similarities and differences to Zearn as they evolve
- Work cross-functionally with implementation, marketing, sales, and legal to understand internal dependencies, anticipate and clear execution risks, and prepare teams for launch
- Deeply understand team workflows in order to anticipate what and when each team needs to know about upcoming product changes
- Effectively tailor communications so that each team has a clear understanding of features and timelines at the appropriate level of detail for their work
- Prepare necessary go-to-market collateral for each team
- Manage the end-to-end product development process for multiple projects in parallel
- Ensure the team is consistently focused on the highest priority work for Zearn, and understands how that work contributes to broader Zearn initiatives and mission
- Translate user needs into detailed product requirements, specifications, and timelines
- Work to quickly clear design and development roadblocks as they arise, thoroughly addressing every edge case of the user experience
- Ensure features are delivered on time and function as desired, elevating particularly complex or risky changes to other areas of the product
- Ensure product launches are followed by quick, data-driven iteration cycles
- Provide coaching to junior team members on all aspects of product management and help guide their work based on a deep understanding of company goals
- Become an expert on Zearn’s product, customers, instructional approach, and mission
What You'll Bring to the Role:
- 6+ years of work experience, with 3+ years experience in Product Management; Experience in education is a plus
- Commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children
- A passion for solving problems through critical thinking and creativity
- Proven ability to take ownership of projects, work autonomously, track simultaneous targets, and effectively prioritize to get things done and deliver successful products on time
- Ability to pull up from the details of your work to put it into the broader product or market context and communicate that context to others
- A desire to collaborate and excitement about multiplying effort through smart use of process and team management
- Ability to understand complex ideas and communicate those ideas in a way that is succinct and effective for all levels of the organization (technical and non-technical)
- A passion for data-driven decision making
- A love of learning, and a love of math
- A desire to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment at a high-growth organization
- Bachelor's Degree required
This role is remote, but you may be asked to travel as needed for business or team building purposes.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, parental leave, and a generous PTO policy. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
To Apply: https://apply.workable.com/j/7B854B06AB
Zearn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.