About HiMama and Our Mission:
HiMama is improving learning outcomes for children aged zero to five. We are a social purpose business and certified B Corporation that connects families with the early childhood professionals who serve them. Our goal is to empower early childhood educators with affordable tools that enable them to improve developmental outcomes for the children they work with, while educating parents about the importance of their work. If you are excited about being part of a high-growth tech company focused on making a difference in a highly impactful industry, HiMama is the place for you!
We’re looking for a creative thinker to join our ranks that can develop a deep understanding of our market and products, and translate their insight into impactful messaging, content, and enablement materials.
The Product Marketing team at HiMama is a small but mighty team with a collaborative mindset that partners with product, marketing, sales and customer success teams to improve product adoption, increase the value that customers derive from HiMama and bring new products and features to market.
What you'll be doing:
- You will become an expert on the child care market. You’ll conduct market research and share market insights that will help inform our roadmaps and hone our go-to-market strategy, messaging, pricing, and more.
- You’ll get to know our products inside out. You will deeply understand how HiMama uniquely addresses customer needs, making it your main goal to express that value in compelling messaging and positioning for external and internal audiences.
- You’ll partner with our product team to bring new products and features to market, leading go-to-market planning, and developing the content and enablement programs required to launch new products successfully.
- You’ll understand the competition inside-out so that you can effectively position our products in the market, as well as arm customer-facing teams with that knowledge.
- You’ll be the resident expert on messaging around our products and value proposition.
- You’ll work with our wider marketing team to dream up creative new content and programs that generate broader awareness and understanding of our offering.
- You’ll drive enablement efforts that will arm sales and customer success teams with the collateral, tools and training they need to close and upsell more effectively.
What you bring to our team:
- 6+ years experience in product marketing, strategy consulting, or in relevant SaaS marketing roles
- You have a passion for early childhood education
- You are proactive: you have a constant pulse on the market and can effectively communicate insights with internal peers and translate them into actionable strategies
- You are collaborative: you are at ease working with stakeholders across an organization on a regular basis, building strong working relationships and contributing to cross-functional initiatives
- You are a strong communicator: you are a brilliant writer and presenter, and can easily tailor your communication style and content to the audience
- You are hungry to learn and contribute: you approach all of your work with curiosity and a growth mindset
- You have strong analytical skills: you know how to conduct research and segmentation, understand customers’ challenges, and identify how our products can offer unique solutions
- You are agile: you are comfortable with ambiguity and flexible about re-prioritizing on the fly while keeping in mind our most important strategic objectives
- You are a leader: you enjoy playing a mentor, coach, and advisor role within your team and can help guide other members of your team with your experience and knowledge
- You possess a unique combined skilled set of strategic thinking and tactical execution, allowing you to design, plan, and implement various initiatives, and build consensus around them
- You have the entrepreneurial mindset required to help establish a new function at a fast-growing company
Nice to haves:
- Experience conducting market research programs, from conception and planning to execution
- A track of record of success working with sales and customers success teams on initiatives to launch new features, improve win-rates or increase revenue
- A background in education technology, or knowledge of the early childhood education market specifically
- Flexible working arrangements, with the option to work from our vibrant downtown Toronto office or work remotely
- Health benefits package includes medical, dental and vision
- Paid time off, including vacation, personal days, paid sick days, and paid volunteer days
- Opportunities for learning, mentorship and professional development
- Ongoing team-wide and company-wide virtual social activities and success celebrations
HiMama is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. If you require accommodations at any step of the application or interview process, please indicate so under the "Accommodations Question" box on your application. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: alternative methods of communication, providing a detailed “what to expect”, or modified testing. Please note this list is not exhaustive and we are more than happy to discuss other accommodations as required.
Commitment to Diversity
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging are central to HiMama's core values. HiMama aims to ensure we provide a safe environment for everyone to thrive while bringing their authentic selves to work. Our mission is to promote an inclusive work space for all employees through Education, Discussion, and Celebration of our differences. Embracing these differences while coming together with a common purpose is what makes our team extra special. Our focus on inclusion and belonging is activated in the day-to-day culture at HiMama through our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBS) committee, our bi-weekly DIBS discussions, DIBS Slack community, D&I training and education, volunteer days, donation matching, and more.