Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are now B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Product Owner to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you get to do:
- Own technical implementation of ETL process as we look to onboard new Utility clients to Uplight solutions.
- Support client roadmap for data integrations, including data gap analysis, data mapping, and solution architecture
- Maintain responsibility for collecting, filtering, and disseminating requirements through the various touchpoints for data-related product(s).
- Accountable for monitoring the development lifecycles of specific data related implementations, owning schedule commitments, updating internal stakeholders, and informing product roadmaps.
- Work in a cross-functional, fast-paced role to deliver high-quality solutions on time
- Collaborate with internal upstream and downstream stakeholders to understand business needs as it relates to utility data
- Build robust and well-documented processes to facilitate data triage and associated fixes
- Build and automate data QC tooling
- Productize Uplight’s energy data management platform
- Work alongside top-notch software engineers, data engineers, and data scientists in an agile development environment
- Save the planet
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Advanced degree in a technical discipline
- 5 to 7 years experience in product management, project management, data analysis, or equivalent
- Exceptional project management skills
- Proven experience managing multiple projects in parallel
- Technical knowledge of data QC processes, data models, data management
- Familiarity with Agile product development
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong affinity for data
- Passion for clean energy
- Experience in the utility industry
- Project management experience
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to Peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan (change if commission role)
- Innovated flexible time off
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink (when our offices reopen)
Salary Range: $102,000 to $118,000 (dependent on experience)
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.