Senior Product Policy Manager, Trust and Safety
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
With millions of creators worldwide, Roblox is creating the future of play. Fundamental to that future are the powerful creation tools that enable our developers to create amazing, transformational 3D experiences. We see the future of creation happening completely in the cloud with integrated collaboration and content sharing/reuse forming the foundation. Our Studio product, and the extensive platform APIs we provide, have enabled a community of millions of developers to create compelling content, and we’re building from that starting point.
As a Senior Product Policy Manager within Trust and Safety, you will have a profound impact on our product safety and user safety strategy. As someone with extensive experience in product risk and policy management, you will help define and assess the platform safety, product risk, and contribute to moderation policies and processes with the unique characteristics of our user base in mind. This role is key to shaping and building a safety minded Roblox product culture.
- Relationship builder: You understand relationships are critical to success for this role. You have a proven track record of working cross-functionally across teams.
- Communicator: You have strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey ideas and tell stories. You understand over-communicating is always better than under-communicating.
- Seasoned product risk and product policy manager: You have 5+ years of strong background in product policy and product risk management. You demonstrate solid understanding of fraud detection, risk mitigation, trust and safety operations, tooling, and moderation policies.
- Great project/program manager: You are organized and detail oriented. You are able to track down incomplete project items and rally around all issue owners to reach the finish line.
- A data person: You are metrics driven. You make data driven decisions and can tell stories based on existing data. You are able to suggest new data points in order to measure success.
- Entrepreneurial: Having worked in a fast paced tech environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning, development, through to launch. You also have a longer term and strategic vision about function and org growth.
- A self starter: You are ambitious with a high degree of self direction and independent drive. You boldly go where no one has gone before. You are always keen to learn, grow, and push the limits.
- Help shape our Product Policy strategy, fine tune the product risk assessment model, drive the process and take it to the next level.
- Take ownership in product policy management for specific product areas, and deliver thoughtful product risk assessment and recommend balanced mitigation strategies.
- Manage product risk assessment stakeholders and the process from end to end, including organizing product interviews, documenting concerns and recommendations, close the loop with alignment, and continuous collaboration on recommendation implementations.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with the Product team and help formulate the strategy for new product launches.
- Drive strategic and tactical efforts in ensuring visibility in the product pipeline, continue to build a strong presence in the product world and help cultivate a safety minded product culture.
- Maintain a positive relationship with industry peers and continually share knowledge and best practices with each other.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community
- (In pre and post pandemic times)
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox – Powering Imagination