Our client is a manufacturer of a wide variety of crackers and better-for-you snacks for retailers and top-tier brands across North America. With growing demand for their health-conscious products, they enjoy supply arrangements with retailers representing more than 70% of the North American marketplace including traditional grocery, mass, and discount formats.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading the manufacturing processes to maximize the production line capacity and ensuring the fill rate to customers is orders is achieved.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and supervise employees, direct production, and related activities on a shift.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company Safety rules.
- Provide performance management counseling in a timely fashion when required.
- Take initiative and exercise timely and good judgment in day-to-day business decisions.
- Assist in accident investigation and take an active role in WSIB case management and ensuring early and safe return of injured workers to modified and/or productive duties. Focus production efficiency and minimize plant waste. Maintain and improve product quality standards.
- Be flexible, capable, and willing to be “hands on” to perform any other technical or production-related task, as the circumstances require.
- Review and analyze product compliance according to the specifications.
- Ensures that proper GMP, Safety, Food Safety and other procedures are followed plant wide.
- Communicate performance standards to associates, recognize and reward individual and team accomplishments, and counsel performance problems.
- Look for ways to reduce or eliminate down time. Help identify constraints in the production process and look for ways to correct them.
- Analyze and record root cause of production delays on the daily production report.
- Work closely with the sanitation and maintenance teams to ensure that the production lines are meeting safety and food safety compliance during production up times and down times.
Critical Day to Day duties or Responsibilities:
- Maintain a strong floor presence.
- Making sure the equipment stays running.
- Instill a sense of urgency; ensuring things are done in a timely manner.
- Work with Mechanics and Sanitation during breakdowns affecting our lines from running.
- Maximizing efficiency by being on the floor working with operators.
- Provide Employee Feedback via performance evaluations provided by the company.
- Mentor direct reports, identify strengths and weaknesses and manage resources accordingly.
- Work with mechanics to ensure your requests are met.
- Assist the Production Manager in the completion of projects.
- Monitor and manage employee work schedules.
- Plan, communicate and monitor raw material needs per production demand.
- Monitors and reports plant production personnel strengths and weaknesses.
- Responsible for ensuring plant readiness for inspections.
- Be proactive in identifying production needs and promote the team approach to fulfilling these needs.
- Participate in developing and maintaining plant safety awareness.
- Assists in the development of standard operating procedures for production duties.
- Support the company’s operational priorities by looking for ways to improve Quality, Safety and Waste Reduction/Productivity/5S. Use the company issued tools to complete the projects assigned to you. Also support employees in the process.
- Conduct training and lead meetings when assigned.
- Ensure all production operators attend the mandatory annual training.
- Helping with changeovers, ensuring that they are done in a timely manner.
- Insuring company policies are met. GMP’s, SQF, housekeeping, breaks and lunches, people on time etc.
- Supervise the temporary employees to ensure they are getting their breaks and lunches. • Use the team approach in dealing with other supervisors and peers within the facility and respect the decisions made by them.
What we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in the food, dairy, beverage, or packaged goods industry is a definite asset.
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health & Safety requirements.
- Superior communication skills in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to deal with a variety of front-line industrial relations issues.
- Takes initiative, exercises good judgment in day-to-day business decisions.
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of good labour/management practices including progressive discipline and positive reinforcement techniques.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Physically demanding work conditions include standing, walking, and lifting heavy raw materials, machinery, and equipment.
- May require working in various extremely hot and cold conditions, including indoors, outdoors, and working at heights.
- Loud Noise and hearing protection is used at all times.
- Shift work required. • Occasional travel to other locations.
For consideration, please apply online. As part of our commitment to inclusivity, diversity, equity and accessibility, our goal is a workforce built on respect that reflects the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest in MaxPeople but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are proud to be in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. We are happy to honor accommodations at any part of the recruitment process and invite you to let us know how we can help.