Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. Airbnb's Design team plays an important role in making our mission a reality. We’re looking for a Program Manager to lead the end-to-end planning, execution, and improvement of programs focused on career and growth initiatives across the Design Organization. In this role, you will grow and evolve a design career planning program, partner with Talent to create new developmental initiatives, and support career framework development across Design. You will also develop a culture of growth alongside our Design Learning Lead and contribute to organizational health.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in career development. They will also have a passion for human capital strategy, community building, and the practice of Design. You will need an understanding of complex systems, and know how to develop programs to build and maintain a high performance design culture. You will also have a passion for uncovering new approaches to your practice, prioritizing different dimensions of inclusion, and working collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Lead end-to-end program management for flagship people development initiatives with a primary focus on career planning, frameworks, and mentorship.
- Run the quarterly and annual planning processes for global design-focused manager and IC lead events.
- Develop, implement, and manage design people programs:
- Drive successful implementation by aligning and influencing relevant stakeholders across teams, driving scope, resourcing, and workflow management.
- Provide up-to-date visibility into current projects, team performance and health
- Identify and predict obstacles, collisions, and risk to projects and proactively seek solutions to address them
- Initiate and launch projects that significantly improve the Design Organization’s internal culture, community, and operations.
- Partner with the Design Diversity Council to ensure all initiatives prioritize inclusion and the retention of underrepresented design talent
- Manage design program operating rhythm, including career and growth communications and stakeholder management
- Uphold standards and best practices, ensure the design process, thinking, and tools are supported by rigorous growth and career experience
- Cultivate, negotiate, and manage relationships with external contractors and agencies, including contract execution and financial reporting.
- 5+ years experience as a program manager, project manager, consultant, or producer working with Design and Talent teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Track record of managing and shipping impactful, people-focused design initiatives in a large digital product org.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence business leaders.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing ambitious and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in supporting the implementation and maintenance of initiatives at scale with design and product teams.
- Background in supporting and/or establishing systems and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about organizational excellence and attention to detail
- Thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced, hyper-growth organization.
- Deep knowledge of and appreciation for the Product Design process.
- Experience leading the ideation, development, and launch of cultural programming for design and/or creative communities.
- Experience with or understanding of cross-functional (Product Management, Design & Eng) product-driven organizations or digital agency.
- Coaching experience in the learning or career growth and development space would be a bonus.
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.