Refinery29 is looking for a proactive, engaging, assertive and detail-oriented Senior Project Manager to join our growing team.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced project manager or agency producer looking to transition from managing ad campaigns (digital, broadcast, print) at an advertising agency to working on branded content at the fastest growing media company in the world.
Our sold content features a diverse range of clients/brands seamlessly integrated into the Refinery29 editorial voice, so you’ll be touching stories that go up on our site every single day (for real) amidst a fast-paced environment.
This is a critical role as you will be project managing and executing across several internal work streams to implement all our branded content (note: this is not a day-to-day client facing role). Projects may involve original photography, video, social contests, custom content, sponsored editorial programs, experiential, among others, and will range in size from a few days to many months.
The Senior PM is deeply entrenched within the creative department, working very closely with photo editors, video producers, writers and designers day-to-day to bring projects to life.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to truly drive a project forward, anticipate needs, facilitate communication and thrive in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively and efficiently ensure all sold projects are executed on brand, on scope and on time
- Understand the project vision, assess requirements of the project to develop the scope/timelines, milestones and the specific deliverables
- Develop and evolve production plans and timelines
- Task assignment and management of short order and long term to do's for copy, design, photo, edit, video and technology
- Drive day-to-day tactical execution and revisions and monitor/resolve issues as they arise
- Budget ownership and tracking
- Understand a project's status at all times amidst often changing deadlines
- Calmly and confidently wrangle multiple moving pieces on many programs at various stages of production at once (15+ projects at a time)
- Manage and mentor associate and entry-level PM talent
- Establish a relationship of trust and credibility across departments within R29
- Understand the risks and challenges of projects but be able to respond and manage them as well
- Work with the producer/PM team to understand and help manage creative resources across departments
- Be a savvy, confident, problem solving ninja
- 5+ years of prior project management and/or production experience within an established digital company or online media publication; ad agency experience is a major plus
- Solid knowledge of project management methodology and use of Project Management tools
- Must be passionate and respectful of the creative process, acting as the supportive, problem-solving anchor within any large scale execution
- A genuine interest in digital advertising and specifically, branded content
- Experience managing video and/or original photo content also a plus
- Confident, calm and collected with strong people management chops - ability to lead a team from both a project and people perspective
- Must have exceptional communication, collaboration, and attention to detail skills
- Must thrive in a face-paced environment and possess a strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines at once
- Process oriented, but can easily adapt to a growing company with an evolving process