Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. You can work at home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva Systems is looking for a Senior QA Engineer with functional and automation testing experience to join our rapidly growing team. This is a hands-on position for delivering a quality SaaS product. You should want to be part of a fast-paced team that takes pride in building great software and making customers happy.
What You'll Do
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documentation to define the test strategy and provide QA effort estimation
- Own QA life cycle for assigned features/modules of the Vault application
- Ensure that all assigned project deliverables meet the quality objectives in functionality, usability, integration, regression, performance, stability, security and compliance
- Create and improve testing related documentation, including test plans, test cases, defect reports and knowledge base articles
- Perform QA activities such as test execution, bug verifications, triage automation results, etc and verify outcomes within schedules/timelines
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts for functional regression coverage and integrate them into continuous testing pipeline
- Identify areas of improvement for QA process, test strategies, and automation framework
- Develop deep expertise in the Vault product
- Provide mentorship in QA methodologies and product trainings to junior QA team members
- Work closely with cross functional teams, including Developers, Product Managers, DevOps, etc in an Agile fast-paced environment
- Provide status update on QA activities throughout the product release life cycle.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, including software testing and test automation
- Proficient in QA process & methodologies, tools and different testing approaches
- Extensive experience in testing Restful API & HTTP webservices, JSON/XML, Web-based applications
- Experience with automation framework such as TestNG, JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, etc
- Working Knowledge with CI/CD and continuous testing approach using tools such as Jenkins and Maven
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and VM platform like AWS/Kubernetes and VirtualBox/Vagrant
- Understand data model, object/entity relationship, and relational databases
- Experience with data analytics and log analysis tool such as Kibana, Elasticsearch, etc
- Knowledge of modern best practices for software development including IDE, source control, build processes, release management and deployment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with testing document and media processing technologies (such as Windows/Office Interop API, PDF analysis and conversion libraries, image file formats, and audio/video compression)
- Experience with MS Office Product, Adobe InDesign products
- Knowledge of Pharma Live Sciences industry
Perks & Benefits
- Conveniently located in downtown Toronto
- Snacks, beverages, and weekly lunches from local restaurants
- Team events and rec league sports teams
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Weekly yoga classes
- Ping pong and other games
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Veeva Systems welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.