What’s most important to you? A great place to work? A stable, successful company? Or making a meaningful impact?
How about all of the above?
We are a rapidly growing (and profitable!) startup making software to help small businesses manage their inventory. Our flagship product, inFlow Inventory, has dominated the desktop inventory software market with over a million downloads and now we’ve expanded by taking it to the cloud and mobile. We’ve been profitable since the beginning in 2007, and we’re one of Canada’s fastest-growing businesses according to the GROWTH 500 list for 4 years in a row.
As an amazing place to work, we’re one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers, per the Globe and Mail. You can also check us out on Glassdoor 🙂
We’ve got an amazing group of talented and friendly people here, and we’re looking for world-class talent, like you, to join us!
Check us out at www.archonsystems.com!
Covid-19 pandemic notes
Our product supports front-line workers and essential services, including manufacturers of personal protective equipment (PPE) and healthcare organizations. We are thankful for the opportunity to contribute to fighting this global pandemic and that our business is thriving.
We currently work from home fully remotely, due to the pandemic. Prior to Covid-19, we worked from home 3 days a week and from our beautiful Toronto office 2 days a week for over a decade! We will continue work from home until April 2021, at which point we will revise the situation. We plan to resume in-person work 2 days per week when we can responsibly do so after April 2021, following public health recommendations and consultations with our employees. We will require that you be able to join us in-person in Toronto when that time comes. While digital tools are improving rapidly, there’s just no substitute for being in the room with someone and sharing a spontaneous laugh, an impromptu brainstorm, a duckicorn prank, or….
oops, sorry I must’ve gotten muted.
Some of our job benefits
- Health and dental benefits
- All-expense-paid conferences
- Top-notch computers. We hate slow computers too!
- $500 fitness benefit (for bicycles, FitBit, gym memberships, etc.)
- Subsidized internet and phone plans
- Make a difference: you’ll be the 35th member of our tight-knit team
Tell us what’s wrong with our software! You’ll explore new features and improvements, be in charge of finding bugs, suggest improvements, and help ensure that it meets user needs. Your technical expertise will be key in getting to the bottom of issues, and your interpersonal skills will help you in coordinating work and clarifying issues.
- Perform exploratory software testing on changes in our desktop, web, and mobile apps, checking from user interface details to the nuances of complex business calculations.
- Work closely with our product managers, developers, and designers to ensure that we’re both building the right thing, and building the thing right.
- Track down bugs and problems at any level of a complex software architecture.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with customer-facing teams and customers to track down problems, and verify that they are fixed.
- Managing the pre-release testing processes, including checking on automated tests, manual testing as needed, and coordinating with other teams.
- Make the call to defer a release if it’s not ready.
- Continually work towards improving our QA systems and processes.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of technical experience in a software company
- Experience digging into logs and SQL databases to get to the root of the problem
- Proven experience understanding and troubleshooting a complex software architecture (e.g. REST APIs, browser consoles, cloud server logs, and virtual machines)
- Quick and enthusiastic learner of new technologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, logical, and quantitative skills for tracking down bugs
- Disciplined, skeptical and methodical mindset
- The drive and courage necessary to ask challenging questions and work with multiple people to push for change
Nice to have (but not necessary)
- Experience with small business inventory management
- Some ability to write program code
- Bonus points if you find any bugs in this job posting 😉
What are you waiting for? To apply, go to this webpage
What you can expect when applying for a job at Archon
At Archon, we celebrate diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We hire people based on what they can contribute, not what they look like, whom they love, shoe size, or other irrelevant labels. We provide equal pay for equal work and treat each job applicant with respect and thanks.