Matterport is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial computing platform turns buildings into data making every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 150 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal, and marketing.
We’re excited to announce that Matterport is now publicly listed on NASDAQ. It’s an exciting time to join us!
About the Role:
The Senior Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring Matterport’s hardware products meet and exceed standards while driving hardware engineering teams towards data-centric automation. This position requires a good understanding of manufacturing and quality processes with a passion for mechanics, electronics, optics, and problem solving.
What you will do:
- Lead documentation and revision control activities, including ECNs, process flows, and root cause analysis
- Establish AQL and sample plans, performing FAI as needed
- Own IQC, IPQC, and OQC functions and apply data-driven insights to improve coverage and control
- Audit internal and external processes, identifying gaps in material and/or supplier quality
- Work closely with RMA and Rework Team to minimize WIP failures and drive down field failures
- Debug and root-cause failed mechanical, electrical, and optical systems, improving manufacturing yield and field quality
- Lead MRB activities, analyzing and providing feedback to supply chain and manufacturing
- Coordinate continuous improvements and process flow
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to design and perform reliability testing of camera systems and components
- Automate and streamline quality reporting
- Provide quality criteria for current and next generation products
Who you are:
- BS degree in Engineering or related field or 5+ years of proven experience
- Experience working with contract manufacturers and suppliers around the world
- In-depth understanding of Statistical Process Control, DOE, 8D, and Lean principles
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 standards and Mil Spec
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python and Bash a strong plus
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, and organized
- A cooperative team-balanced approach and self-starting mindset
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10%
Perks & Benefits
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.