At SiteMinder we believe the individual contributions of our employees are what drive our success. That’s why we hire and encourage diverse teams that include and respect a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Our diverse and inclusive culture enables our employees to bring their unique selves to work and be proud of doing so. It’s in our differences that we will keep revolutionising the way for our customers. We are better together!
What We Do…
We’re people who love technology but know that hoteliers just want things to be simple. So since 2006 we’ve been constantly innovating our world-leading hotel commerce platform to help accommodation owners find and book more guests online - quickly and simply.
We’ve helped everyone from boutique hotels to big chains, enabling travellers to book igloos, cabins, castles, holiday parks, campsites, pubs, resorts, Airbnbs, and everything in between.
And today, we’re the world’s leading open hotel commerce platform, supporting 40,000 hotels in 150 countries - with over 100 million reservations processed by SiteMinder’s technology every year.
About the Senior Quality Engineer
As a part of the quality engineering team, you will enable our engineers to get their code into production more quickly, with higher quality and less effort. We look across the whole SDLC to determine how we can best improve the product’s quality instead of focusing on testing to identify individual defects.
What you’ll do…
- Ensuring testability is a first class concern throughout the SDLC. Ideally can creates new framework so we can test our designs, architecture, etc.
- Developing new test strategies with the development and product teams to guide our functional and nonfunctional testing efforts.
- Helping with execution of said testing strategies.
- Identifying and executing opportunities to make testing easier for developers and testers. We may identify gaps in test tooling, data, or environments, select/design a solution, and lead the effort to implement it.
- Strong exploratory testing skills - having a sense for where the bugs are
- Non functional testing - Understanding that testing is more than just functional testing, you’ll help us run load tests and perform other non-functional tests
- Experience with metrics/analysis and/or quality coaching - helping the team understand where we should be testing given the bugs previously found, both before and after release and guiding them to better testing coverage
- Automation experience is desirable, particularly with Cypress and mobile automation frameworks
- Sufficient API test automation using postman
- Developing and implementing automation tests on all levels (unit, integration, functional, performance)
- Maintaining existing regression suites
- Working closely with agile team members (Product Owner, Technical lead and engineers) in everyday activities to improve team effectiveness
- Help develop testing team by sharing knowledge, providing assistance to other team members and continuously improving testing processes and practices
Our Perks & Benefits…
- Equity packages for you to be a part of the SiteMinder journey
- Hybrid working model (in-office & from home)
- Mental health and well-being initiatives
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Paid birthday, study and volunteering leave every year
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to help you connect and get involved
- Investment in your personal growth offering training for your advancement
Does this job sound like you? If yes, we'd love for you to be part of our team! Please send a copy of your resume and our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any adjustments you may need during the interview process. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.