Booking.com is the world’s #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our mission – to empower people to experience the world – is spearheaded from our headquarters in Amsterdam, where employees from many nationalities develop our business in more than 200 countries worldwide. We have scaled at incredible speed and we are currently embarking on our next chapter – experiences, loyalty, messaging, homes & apartments – and we are actively recruiting the next generation of experienced professionals.
Booking.com is looking for a Senior Recruiter to join the Product recruitment team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate should be ready to hit the ground running in our fast-paced technical environment with strong interpersonal skills that allow you to develop lasting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers. As a Senior Technology Recruiter you will be responsible for executing the talent acquisition strategy and delivering hiring results for technical and non-technical roles within the IT Department. You will collaborate with your colleagues, senior members of the business functions and HR colleagues to ensure quality, quantity and timely communication.
This is a great opportunity for a driven, energetic, and highly motivated individual that is ready to join a successful global recruitment team. You should be a self-starter, hardworking, flexible, goal-oriented, and energized by constantly meeting new people. You must be able to multitask, have strong candidate management skills, passion for sourcing, possess the ability to prioritize responsibilities and be a role model of the Booking.com culture and values for candidates and colleagues.
- Act as a talent advisor, providing strategic guidance to hiring teams. Shape their talent needs to best match the needs of Booking.com and the external market.
- Find ways to improve the recruitment process, not just incremental improvements, but also long term changes that influence our business.
- Manage and execute full recruitment cycle. Develop sourcing models and plans to generate talent pipeline; create and execute robust search strategies that will attract the best and brightest global talent.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through ongoing relationship management.
- Develop a deep understanding of candidate’s experience, competences, background, motivation and specific fit to the role and company.
- Represent and promote the Booking.com culture to potential candidates.
- Responsible for data to create, measure and scale smart recruiting strategies
- Maintain recruitment databases, effectively using the applicant tracking and reporting system.
- Work with Hiring Managers, HR Business Partner & Compensation & Benefits on defining hiring criteria and mapping the jobs.
- Minimum 5 years of international staffing experience in IT industry (in-house and agency)
- Strong passion for recruitment
- Good understanding of job market, industry trends and the ability to adapt quickly when needed
- Broad knowledge of programming languages, web technologies, software development process and emerging technologies
- Wide range of experience and expertise on current external recruiting policies, practices, and trends
- Knowledge of relevant and creative sourcing tools and methods in the IT market
- Proactive and able to manage and influence key internal stakeholders
- Commercial awareness and results-driven with hands-on mentality
- Ability to work in a team environment with a high sense of urgency and flexibility
- Demonstrated personal accountability and integrity
- Strategic thinking and tactical execution – anticipates roadblocks and proactively creates solutions to ensure success
- Excellent English communication skills and proven ability to sell and close candidates