Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You:
PagerDuty is looking for a Renewals Specialist II to support a growing sales and customer success organization as part of his or her daily responsibilities. We pride ourselves in providing amazing support to our rapidly growing customer base. You will be working within a strong team environment and responsible for selected customer renewals and ensuring revenue retention. Working within an established territory, you will liaise with customers daily by phone and email. Working towards a financial quarterly renewal target, you will have a chance to create strong relationships putting you in an excellent position for increased commission and promotional opportunities.
How You Impact Our Vision:
- Prepare and execute on quarterly renewal plans.
- Use data to understand level of adoption and assess the risk in renewing existing contracts.
- Engage customers over the phone and with email to understand current status, address issues and ensure on-time renewals.
- Track and report on key metrics for renewals.
- Accurately forecast sales activity in SalesforceWork and handle a monthly and quarterly quota.
- Communicate risk clearly and take the lead in developing resolution strategies.
- Provide executive management with complete transparency to renewals and solicit executive involvement as required.
- Understand PagerDuty products and be able to sell their valueMaintain activities, next steps and clear close plans for all renewals in the next 90 days.
- Work closely with Enterprise Account Managers to develop plans to partner on goals.
- Identify upsell opportunities and partner with the sales team to drive upsells as part of renewal.
- Partner with internal teams to address at risk renewals and drive success.
- Serve as internal project manager to address customer issues and ensure on time renewal.
- 6 + years experience.
- You have excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- You have prior experience working with customers in a quota carrying role.
- Experience developing Customer relationships in a renewals team, as an account manager, inside sales, Customer Success Management, renewal sales, or direct response role in the past.
- You work well under pressure, are a results oriented individual, and a team player.
- You are well versed in Salesforce or managing sales cycle through a CRM.
- Ability to use data to understand customer adoption and risk.
- Experience with SaaS subscription revenue model and sales processes.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Be hardworking, have track record of success, and demonstrated drive for achievement.
- Previous experience working with renewals is a plus.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is for people. Meaning, we extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.