The Revenue Accountant will assist with world-wide revenue recognition policy, processes and reporting. In this position you will work on monthly and quarterly close activities for revenue, manage the validation all revenue related accounts, analyze data, and prepare reports for auditors and management. We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on individual that has software revenue recognition experience and has the ability to work independently in support of the company’s revenue initiatives. This role will report directly into the world-wide revenue recognition leader at Pivotal.
Please note this is a 6 month contract position initially.
- Review software revenue arrangements to ensure compliance with revenue recognition policies and procedures.
- Work closely with sales and operational teams to efficiently process and monitor customer contracts and renewals.
- Help analyze and maintain VSOE analysis.
- Prepare revenue and deferred revenue analysis of actuals.
- Assist with variance analysis and forecasts.
- Manage the monthly revenue of revenue close process (check lists, reconciliations, reporting).
- Assist with drafting audit-ready technical memos or position papers on contractual arrangements or accounting issues.
- Assist with the implementation and refinement of the quote to cash of the process.
- Assist in facilitating the automation of current processes and procedures.
- Design, implement and maintain revenue metrics, reports and reconciliation's
- Help evaluate revenue accounting and financial reporting impact of operational decisions.
- Assist with interim and year-end audits.
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Knowledge or working experience with software and non-software revenue recognition guidance (SOP 97-2, EITF 08-01), Multiple Element Arrangements and various Fair Value methodologies
- Knowledge or working experience with revenue and deferred revenue recons and journal entries
- Detail oriented and a high level of accuracy