This is a great opportunity for someone with the right skills and experience to bring strong technical prowess as the company continues to grow. We’re looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer to become part of our journey for the long run, to help take our 4-year-old British startup to the next level.
The product is a SaaS platform for creating ideas, planning experiments, testing and execution for many recognisable corporate brands. Now is an exciting time to join; the development team is small but growing and we have big challenges ahead.
The business in short:
- B2B bootstrapped startup making a profit with a growing number of paying enterprise customers
- Running on Rails 4.2 and in the process of migrating the front end to React
- The application is large and complex, and has been developed with a focus on getting to market fast (so we have some technical debt!)
Option of working remotely or from a nice office in the centre of Kyiv.
This is a new role in our growing team, and we’re looking for someone with a proven track record in:
- Taking technical ownership of the back end on complex Ruby on Rails projects (looking for a developer with 5+ years of commercial Ruby coding experience)
- Estimating and reporting for a non-technical stakeholder (the Founder in our case) and managing expectations very well. We are also in process of hiring a Head of Engineering.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience, knowledge, interest in frontend development (React)
- Experience implementing Agile practices and CI/CD
- Product Ownership experience
- Work in a growing startup, reporting directly to the founder and being responsible for the whole technical solution
- Opportunities for professional growth and increasing responsibility as the team grows
- Competitive salary and paid vacation
- Budget for self development (e.g. attending conferences)
- Company parties and team-buildings