At Duco, we like to treat people a little differently. That’s why our Glassdoor feedback shows 85% of our employees would recommend us as an employer and 92% approve of the CEO. So instead of this advert listing multiple requirements and hoops you must jump through even to get an interview with us, we’ll focus instead on what we can offer you.
A growing company with a positive future:
We help companies solve complex data problems with our uniquely fast and easy-to-use software. Simple, and a great platform to sell from. Our customers are some of the world’s top financial institutions and we’re still growing, even in the current recession. We’re also backed by some of the best software investors and shareholders. We’re very proud that our software makes people’s jobs quicker, easier and less repetitive. We think anything that makes working life better is worth doing!
A really interesting role with plenty of scope:
Day to day, this is what you'll be doing:
- Assisting in the development of a sales strategy which supports our business goals
- Developing a territory with a diverse range of target organisations and systematically working through the market to identify and follow up on new opportunities
- Closing deals valued between £25,000 and £500,000 per year, although if you want to aim higher we certainly won’t stop you!
- Developing and maintaining a network of contacts and keeping up a pipeline of 3 - 4 times your sales target through calling (including cold-calling), supporting marketing campaigns and helping with other activities such as demo days and events
- Completing RFP (Requests for Proposal) documents for prospective customers.
This is who you'll be working with:
- The Head of Sales EMEA (who will be your manager)
- A great team of Sales Executives across the UK, USA, Europe and Singapore
- Plenty of other colleagues in Customer Success, Global Services, Product, Legal, Finance, etc.
- The role will be based from our London office but you can base yourself anywhere in the UK, as long as you’re able to visit the London office and travel to Europe when needed. We're also reasonably flexible on working hours as long as the work is being done. Currently, due to COVID-19 our people are working from home and we're not expecting any in-person customer meetings or business trips until mid 2021 soonest.
A great reward package:
- Base salary, which will be reviewed annually (the starting range for this role will be £80,000 - £100,000 in line with your current level of experience and local market standard)
- An attractive sales commission structure
- Unlimited holiday policy, because we trust our people to manage their own time off
- Flexible working options: you can choose to work from home, or at the office, or a bit of both, and we’re pretty relaxed about start and finish times too as long as the work gets done. Everyone has to juggle home and work sometimes!
- Enhanced family leave provisions, e.g. maternity and paternity
- Personal learning and development opportunities (we maintain an annual training budget)
- Spot rewards so we can say thanks immediately when you do a really great bit of work
- Healthcare and eyecare schemes
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contributions
- Cycle to work and tech purchase schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme, for extra support when life feels hard
- Discounted membership at local London gym
You can also expect a genuinely diverse and inclusive culture where your individual contribution will be really valued. We encourage everyone to bounce ideas around, try new things, offer suggestions, ask questions, share knowledge and have fun!
Ideally, you'll have:
- Previous experience of sales within the financial services market (even better if you’ve sold financial services software products before) and evidence of your success in this field
- Really good self-motivation, self-organisation and a personal commitment to succeed
- The ability to listen carefully, understand customer needs and build trusted relationships, including at executive level in large organisations
- Familiarity with SaaS (‘software as a service’), including some of the challenges involved
- The ability to help customers reach point of close and to negotiate calmly and effectively
- Great presentation and communication skills, so you can explain concepts and user stories with confidence
Bonus points if you also have:
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM system, or something similar
- Some awareness of relevant financial market regulations such as MIFID2 & SFTR, trade reporting, clearing and risk mitigation/regulation such as FRTB, LIBOR, BCBS239
- Experience with sales process models such as MEDDIC and social selling
Please note: if you're not confident you have all of the above, please don't let it put you off applying. We're not looking for 'the perfect candidate' with vast experience, gold medals and superpowers! We review all applications with real interest and a flexible mind, and we're happy to support and develop people to reach their full potential.
And a final note about COVID19 and interviews:
Since 09 March, we have been helping to keep everyone safe and reduce the spread of COVID19 by switching 100% of our people to home-working. Most of them are still working fully from home. Interviews will therefore mainly be carried out by telephone and video conferencing and new joiners are currently being on-boarded remotely.