Tanium is looking for a world class strategic thinker to drive growth and performance in the Global Sales Operations organization as a Senior Sales Operations Analyst. This is a highly-visible role supporting accelerating growth and the right candidate must have the ability to influence at all levels across Sales, Marketing, Technical Account Management, Field Operations, Sales Development, Legal, Finance and other Operations teams.
This person must be a dedicated and disciplined analyst, and will draw upon excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to effectively manage the operational cadence. She/he must be able to roll-up their sleeves, and work directly with the models/data, be detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. This person will understand that speed matters and are able to independently prioritize deliverables and set expectations with internal stakeholders. They will maintain strategic alignment with sales leadership, providing value-add business insights and organizational support, enabling programs and processes that drive performance, efficiency, and growth. You will strive to become a trusted business advisor among your peers and sales leaders and will act as a subject matter expert for all functions essential to sales, including forecasting, planning, reporting, business insights, sales compensation design and administration, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, go to market strategy, and sales enablement technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Join a high-performing, geographically dispersed team to enable critical insight and operational excellence across regional sales organizations. Ensure the field teams have clarity of purpose and ownership.
- Manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Deliver timely, accurate, and actionable business insights, decision-support, strategic project / program management and play a key role in core sales operations and annual planning processes
- Develop relationships and communicate effectively at all layers of the organization from CxO to field teams.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Support the equitable assignment of sales quotas and ensure quotas are optimally allocated to all sales, channels and sales resources.
- Proactively identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Work closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assist sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other business insights essential to the sales organization. Recommend revisions to existing reports or assist in the development of new reporting tools. Familiarity with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office, and data interpretation is critical.
- Monitor the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining SFDC hygiene.
- Work with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources to provide assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics) required; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role in Sales Operations, Strategy, Management Consulting, Finance, Business Development, or other related fields
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel required
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Google Sheets and Google Slides
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial
- Proficiency Salesforce.com, Tableau or similar tools
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.