We’re empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We’ve been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey’s always evolving, and we’ve just launched a bank. But a different type of bank – one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren’t afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you’ll love life here at Zopa.
What's the challenge?
We are building the bank of the future and with that began a journey to roll out the Salesforce platform across our Customer Support teams. We are proud of the quality of our customer experience at Zopa to date and have an award-winning team – we've been voted 'Most Trusted Personal Loan Provider' in the Moneywise Customer Awards for the past 7 years in a row.
As we continue our journey, we're looking to maintain and build on these high levels of customer satisfaction and are developing apps on the Salesforce platform to help us to achieve this.
We’re looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer who can support our continued growth plans and take our existing implementation to the next level. The role will focus on building solutions that solve real-world problems for our front-line teams. The team is cross-functional - small, agile, and adaptable to whatever challenges come our way. Interaction with stakeholders and key business users (our front-line agents) is a way of life here. We're big believers in a lean philosophy and flexibility in implementation while aiming to achieve stack consistency and alignment across the board. You’ll have opportunities to work with exciting new integrations with technologies like AWS Connect and as a senior member of the team, you’ll be deputising for the team lead from time-to-time.
- You are an experienced Salesforce Developer that’s solved big challenges through ingenious ideas and execution.
- You have worked on sizeable Salesforce applications and have worked on several complex integrations, possibly including greenfield projects.
- You’ve delivered successful projects whilst working using Agile methodologies and want to do it again.
- You enjoy stressing the platform, functionality and features and using this to deliver an even more customer-centric tool.
- Automated testing is integral to your approach to development – you not only practice it, but you actively advocate it with the rest of your team.
- You’ll be used to talking and collaborating with key stakeholders on a daily basis - both technical colleagues and business users.
- You’ll be passionate about sharing knowledge and learning with both your peers and more junior team members.
- You’re comfortable with and excited by the possibility to learn new technologies and practices.
Your technical skills:
- Proven experience using force.com, working with Apex classes, triggers, components, VisualForce pages, and SOQL, Batch classes, Lightning components.
- Experience integrating with and building RESTful APIs.
- Strong experience with Salesforce Service Cloud along with integrations with telephony.
- Design processes that work within Salesforce governor limits.
- Successfully implemented Platform events and Streaming API in Salesforce.
- Experience of working with SFDX and Webstorm with Illuminated Cloud.
- You’ll have worked with Git and Jenkins and implement CI/CD solutions to speed up deployments.
- Able to challenge business processes and provide solutions to critical business problems.
This role will be based remotely whilst we look to phase back our return to our London office.
All tech equipment will be supplied and couriered to the successful candidate with full support during the remote onboarding process.
To thrive here, you’ll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you’ll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You’ll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you’ll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You’ll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond ‘good enough’ and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You’ll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
Zopa is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can’t expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life.